Girls, what bag during the day?

Guest Dizzy2012

Bit of a girlie question but over the past few years I've tried:

- leather pixie style belt / bag, lovely but only holds cash, cigs etc so have to carry hemp bag with raincoat, drinks etc

- larger, utility, bug out military style was it bag. Again great but didn't have a bottle holder so still ended up with the good old glasto hemp bag

- slouchy leather type shoulder / cross the body bag- loved this but always had to take it off to sit down etc so not safe (not that anyone wud nick it, just that I'd bloody forget it!!) also not easy in the long drops!

I'd use a rucksack but I get really warm with them on me back..

So, question is what do you use to cart your stuff round all day?

Cheers ladies!

Probably a backpack as pretty on trend so lots about to buy and also a practical choice. Outside option is a small cross body bag but as we staying in boutique camping will probably need something bigger to cart stuff for the day around,

I have one like this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Optics-3D-Ltd-Drawstring-Bag/dp/B009VJ1IMK

Only problem is that it doesn't have any pockets but generally I find it carries all my stuff safely. It folds down to nothing in my packing, keeps me hands free and also means I've got the weight distributed evenly across my shoulders - important when you're carrying it all day! I also feel pretty secure with it as it's hard to imagine anyone getting into it without me noticing.

I've got an across-the-body messenger type smallish bag I bought a couple of years ago from Urban Outfitters for purse / phone / sunglasses / tissues / sanitiser type stuff, then I take another canvas type bag I got free with the Guardian a couple of years ago for a bottle of spirits & a coat / hoodie - then at the end of the day when I'm wearing the extra layers I can just fold the freebie bag up & tuck it inside my other bag.

With an across the body bag, at least you can pull it round the front of you when you're in crowds to make sure no one's slipping their hand inside your bag, which is what puts me off the backpack option.

I took a cross body camera type bag last year- it fitted a lightweight rain jacket, phone, purse, camera,2 cans, tissues and antibac. It was packed though, and pretty heavy on the shoulder but I'll get a better looking version of the same for this year. I like to have my stuff on the front it feels safer.On the way to the toilet just shorten the strap so it sits up high and you can leave it on in there.

Would prefer to take some kind of rucksack for comfort but I get too hot and sweaty too plus slightly paranoid in crowds...

Edited by esp

Normally just go for a carrier bag as only really need to carry alcohol and snacks/crisps around with me. Consume the food and drink then put the bag in my pocket ready to reuse the next day. I appreciate others may have more stuff they like to take with them during the day but best to travel light if you can!

Canvas messenger bag type for me. Can fit plenty in it if needed. Can pull it round in front of me if in a crowd (security, and so I don't unwittingly whack anyone with the bag).

Ditch it in the evening, and just carry cash and drink as needed.