England vs Costa Rica

Guest shepnic

Hi all.

I've been trying to find out the answer to this question without luck. Does anyone know or direct me to the answer?!

On Tuesday 24th June, England will be playing Costa Rica in the last group game. I know it has already been announced that the matches after this game will not be shown, but what about the Costa Rica game? Is this going to be shown on a screen?

People travelling by campervan are able to turn up from midday on Tuesday 24th June.

The site is open for campervans from midday on the Tuesday. 5 hours before the game starts.

Bit of a shame that an event that happens every fours year can't be shown somewhere. Especially as it doesn't clash with anything.

I have a feeling that it will be shown somewhere on the site.

Edited by shepnic

I can imagine big groups crowding round camper van doors for that one! It's on way earlier than I expected, I thought games were at like 2am or something. Doubt I'll watch it as we're doing Glastonbury town that afternoon. If Oviedo has made his miraculous recovery and is playing for Costa Rica/if barkley actually plays I might catch a bit in one of the pubs

The site is open for campervans from midday on the Tuesday. 5 hours before the game starts.

Bit of a shame that an event that happens every fours year can't be shown somewhere. Especially as it doesn't clash with anything.

I have a feeling that it will be shown somewhere on the site.

To be fair, the festival does not start until 0800 Wednesday. Anyone who chooses to arrive before that time is obviously welcome to, but to expect to be entertained during that time is going above and beyond reasonable expectations. The fact you can arrive early is privelidge enough.

Also the "site" isn't open until wednesday (despite being able to arrive in campervan fields/car parks on the tuesday) so your "feelings" are limited to it being shown somewhere off site, in fact.

I can't really think where in the campervan fields they could safely put up a screen on the Tuesday night. Aside from them being split on different sides if the festival and there only being generators in the car parks it would be very tricky to arrange

Besides England will be out by the third group game so it doesn't really matter!