Libertines at Glasto any chance?

Guest macaloon

i always think Glastonbury's 2007 / 2008 lineups are perfect pictures of the state of music at the time. so much landfill indie in stupidly high positions (The Fratellis and The Kooks subbing!?)

the support acts for these Libertines shows are hilarious. whilst Spiritualized and The Pogues are great, the average Libertines fan won't give a shit about them. and the rest… i mean, The Twang!? fucking hell. Neil seems to think they were a last minute replacement for Prince, and to me the lineups definitely represent that - hobbled together and poor. if more time had been put in to this then you'd definitely think the likes of Jake Bugg / other flavour of the moments would be supporting them. can't see this selling very well. tickets for a tenner on the day

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Black Sabbath one's two main subs (Soundgarden and Faith No More) definitely make that price seem worthwhile - an act who you'd be paying £30+ to see at their own shows and an act who up until the announcement of that lineup were seemingly broken up)

it's a lot of money, but for Sabbath fans i bet that's totally worth it

Managed to get some tickets for this through the presale link this morning even though I can't make it myself unfortunately :resent:

Be warned anyone trying in the main sale the website was awful this morning, it kept telling me I had tickets reserved then the checkout page kept crashing. When it eventually sorted itself out it had reserved me 8 tickets instead of 4, luckily I noticed before putting card details in!

Managed to get some tickets for this through the presale link this morning even though I can't make it myself unfortunately :resent:

Be warned anyone trying in the main sale the website was awful this morning, it kept telling me I had tickets reserved then the checkout page kept crashing. When it eventually sorted itself out it had reserved me 8 tickets instead of 4, luckily I noticed before putting card details in!

I was using the Barclaycard link Pete tweeted. Fair enough though, glad it worked ok on the actual day for you.

Just realised I should clarify the tickets I bought were for my fiance and his friends, I would hate anyone to think I was buying them to sell on (can't stand those f***ers)!

I would go myself but I'll only be driving back home to Newcastle on the Wed after Glasto and will be at a hen do that weekend (at least I can't feel sorry for myself!)