iTunes Festival 2014

dentalplan

SBTRKT would be decent but yeah bit of a meh year for itunes :P

I wish they'd change the rules so you can apply for as many tixs as you'd like but you can only win 1 pair to stop idiots entering for every act and then complaining they won but not the act they wanted.

Would be helpful but I reckon they would still apply for everything and start complaining they don't have a chance to win anything else.

Just won a pair to David Guetta on Wednesday. Girlfriend won a pair too at the same time/same draw so we have 4 between us. Not really my cuppa tea but might as well.

Takes the total up to 3 so far this year, half way to the record of 6 pairs I won last year.

Edited by A13
  • Downvote 2

Lame final additions. Guess we can kiss goodbye to new Adele or F&TM album launches in the immediate future :(

Why would they want to limit the number of people applying for tickets?

why wouldn't they? It's not like they're undersubscribed, far better to have good crowds who actually want to be there and in the process avoid awkward moments like Alex Turner's reaction to the crowd last year

why wouldn't they? It's not like they're undersubscribed, far better to have good crowds who actually want to be there and in the process avoid awkward moments like Alex Turner's reaction to the crowd last year

Better for who? I doubt they give a shit about that. It's all clicks on a web page and the revenue/exposure that brings in. Some people will be put off by reports of 'non-fans' going but the overwhelming majority will be meatheads just clicking another button to like or apply for something.

Edited by mrtourette

Lame final additions. Guess we can kiss goodbye to new Adele or F&TM album launches in the immediate future :(

Thankfully.

I'd imagine Apple would want more people going to different gigs, to hopefully come back home after the gig and buy that album they don't have rather than fans of the act who have brought the album on viynl/cd for their collection already completely bypassing the iTunes system :P

I'd imagine Apple would want more people going to different gigs, to hopefully come back home after the gig and buy that album they don't have rather than fans of the act who have brought the album on viynl/cd for their collection already completely bypassing the iTunes system :P

That's assuming people who have never heard of an act are going to actually go to the event.

I reckon the way to do it would to have had purchase history on iTunes of the artist you're applying for... Are you really gonna get a 5SOS fan buying a Led Zep/Robert Plant tune to win tickets to something they don't want?

Apple then make money on it themselves, too.

That wouldn't help me as I never buy anything off Itunes.

That's assuming people who have never heard of an act are going to actually go to the event.

Yeah, there is a reason why you can que up on the day and get in on.

Just won a pair to David Guetta on Wednesday. Girlfriend won a pair too at the same time/same draw so we have 4 between us. Not really my cuppa tea but might as well.

Takes the total up to 3 so far this year, half way to the record of 6 pairs I won last year.

I want one haha