Game of Thrones discussion thread

bunique

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon and Dany are the golden children of the series apparently, so I reckon they're in it for the long haul (though having said that for all I know they are already dead in the books!). The rest are fair game. I'd be gutted if arya died.

I was also thinking this morning about dany and her super soldier army. Do you think her dragons could run amok and kill all her soldiers? would be quite a cool twist I think, especially is it seems like no regular army stands a chance against them. (or is that total shite?)

especially is it seems like no regular army stands a chance against them. (or is that total shite?)

Does she not have to find Dragon riders yet so they can be controlled. And they have to have certain blood (can't remember the name) to be able to do it, and she is so far the only one with the blood.

Be interesting how the dawn (?) stopped them previously

That Jamie rape scene,I'm not sure if it was straight up rape either...she seemed to give in despite the protests maybe she just felt it was inevitavble. Sort of felt more like a fear of being caught/the fact it was next to thier dead son that she was protesting about?

Sort of shot my theory of Joffery's killer being Jamie or Cersei (Well mainly Littlefinger did that :P).

The Thenns really freak me out for some reason, I think it was the "I'm going to eat your dead momma and I'm going to eat your dead poppa." :P

I also prefer the old Daario Naharis, he just seems more like any other soilder than that sort of mysterious stranger vibe the other had going on.

aye I intend to. I plan to watch the rest of this series, then read the books up to where the TV series has ended, so then season 5 wont be spoiled for me (if that is even possible, I know the telly series is not strictly in line with the books)

Find people who are solely focussed on the tv show quite strange, admittedly.

I think part of the problem with starting on the books now is that so many of the surprises and shocks are ruined, eg ned stark dying etc. It's hard to get motivated to get started knowing so many spoilers already.

I think part of the problem with starting on the books now is that so many of the surprises and shocks are ruined, eg ned stark dying etc. It's hard to get motivated to get started knowing so many spoilers already.

The show has ruined the books! "Spoiler culture" writ large folks.

I find people who bang on about the books quite strange actually. I don't read fiction so have no desire to trawl through 8000 pages to get to where we are on the telly.

Fucking hell the books, the books, it's all about the books. I think we all agree that those who have read the books are better people.

Anyway quite a slow episode, that whole last scene with Dany seemed a complete waste of time. We know she champions the freedom of slaves, we know she wants to fuck Daario, just get the fuck on with whatever you're going to do instead of standing in front of people telling them the same thing over and over. If it's supposed to be building up to something it's failing miserably.

Interested to see what happens with Prince Oberon, he has the potential to be a massive spanner in the works.

I find people who bang on about the books quite strange actually. I don't read fiction so have no desire to trawl through 8000 pages to get to where we are on the telly.

How sad to want to enjoy something only partially. "That's quite enough enjoyment of that nice thing for me now."

How sad to want to enjoy something only partially. "That's quite enough enjoyment of that nice thing for me now."

Not at all. I have a finite amount of time, most evenings end with me falling asleep on the settee at 9pm and being sent to bed by the missus. I have to rewatch a lot of things because I cant stay awake through a lot of stuff, I am up for work at 4am, and have a business to run, 5 football training sessions a week to take the lad to, as well as all the other normal everyday things grown ups do. Please enlighten me as to when I can squeeze in a 3000 page book of fiction. The only time I read is on holiday, and as I said - I dont read fiction.

The "book readers" of game of thrones are very tiresome imho. 2 of my mates are always banging on about them, and everyone without fail just tells them to STFU when they start. The ability to read a book doesn't make you a superior being, it means you have more disposable time.

Don't take it personally, I include many of the "book readers" (not all) in my little rant!

:)

Not at all. I have a finite amount of time, most evenings end with me falling asleep on the settee at 9pm and being sent to bed by the missus. I have to rewatch a lot of things because I cant stay awake through a lot of stuff, I am up for work at 4am, and have a business to run, 5 football training sessions a week to take the lad to, as well as all the other normal everyday things grown ups do. Please enlighten me as to when I can squeeze in a 3000 page book of fiction. The only time I read is on holiday, and as I said - I dont read fiction.

The "book readers" of game of thrones are very tiresome imho. 2 of my mates are always banging on about them, and everyone without fail just tells them to STFU when they start. The ability to read a book doesn't make you a superior being, it means you have more disposable time.

Don't take it personally, I include many of the "book readers" (not all) in my little rant!

:)

I haven't read the books, as I haven't read LOTR. I tend to prefer the books to the TV adaptations, but sometimes it works in reverse, possibly depending on what you've experienced first. Wire in The Blood for instance - I watched the TV show first, and the books are much darker and bleaker. I found them a bit disturbing, yet I love the TV series. Harry Potter, on the other hand - I used to read the books to my son, and was very disappointed in the films, because they kind of skated over the feel of the books, and often left out the bits that gave pause for thought.

As for time, you can fit a book round a busy schedule far easier than TV. I read in my 10 minute breaks in work, and deliberately keep the book for then. It doesn't really interrupt the flow, because you decide where to take your commercial break!

The books are a great companion to the tv series, but not essential. T8y is right it is a long trawl and although the first 3 books do go pretty quickly because of the plot and writing, I'm find AFFC to be a bit of a drag so far - lots of description, but not much happening - can see a lot skipped when HBO get to it - and that's over 700 pages.

This neanderthal statement that we're in some way trying to appear "superior" for reading the original fucking text is hilarious.

No one is suggesting anything like that. The original text - the creator's vast sprawling vision - is there if you want clarity or detail. The TV show is IMO one of the best things ever on telly - theres a reason for that. The books are good, innit.

:D

I'm sure theres a poor hoor somewhere that only read the book adaptation of Star Wars and got the hump when some clown told him it might make sense to watch the films too.