What have you done today to get ready for Glasto?

Guest JoBalls

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started work on my proposed festival flagpole lighting. Bought a 12 volt car battery from Halfords which runs through an inverter to a four way into which I can plug my LED light strings.

So far got two light strings working but hope to end up with four and a 10 metre flagpole. Will also be able to use the inverter to recharge phones.

Edited by grumpyhack

Started work on my proposed festival flagpole lighting. Bought a 12 volt car battery from Halfords which runs through an inverter to a four way into which I can plug my LED light strings.

So far got two light strings working but hope to end up with four and a 10 metre flagpole. Will also be able to use the inverter to recharge phones.

Edited by frostypaw

Collected my ticket from from the sorting office, had a bit of Glastonbury chat with the postman, who used to be a regular, and the case a Tribute I ordered arrived today so had to collect that from a neighbour across the road.

Not wanting to make you feel foolish but aren't you plugging 12V transformers for LED strips into your fourway+inverter at 240v which is running off a 12V battery?

My arrangements have got more renewable. 3.3Ah 12v battery, with 10W solar cell with a charge controller that will turn the lights on/off automatically so they only run at night. There's also a switched 5V USB breakout for phone chargings. Upgrading to an MPPT charge controller... will see if that screws it up but should be sweet

flagpole finial beacon is custom made, part 3d printed and includes a swivel :D chuffed

You may be right but it seems to work. It follows the design I saw someone using at Wychwood. At first it didn't make sense to me, pumping up 12v with an inverter to 240v and then having transformer plugs reducing it back down. I've got a caravan with a leisure battery and, in theory, I could connect to that but I'm trying to keep the flagpole lights independent to make the most of the leisure battery for the caravan.

Took the cat to his fat fighters session (yes really -and no he's not coming to the festival) BUT on the way saw the Glastonbury Festival Diversion signs had gone up at the end of the road in readiness. Got very excited, came home, edited packing/check lists - again - and started the plastic bottle collection for decanting from glass bottles.