Food Stall Recommendation

Guest Woffy

yes there were in the unfairground, you could go in and sit down at a booth, cant recal the name of it but they were there as i hunted them out on purpose (before being disappointed at the wait as they hadnt opened at lunchtime so we went elsewhere)

not heard if they are back, i expected them to be somewhere more prominent

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about the Roaming Rotisserie Chicken. Best food/value for money on site.

And things just got better, they announced on their facebook yesterday that they will have two stands at Glasto this year. The new one is going to be in The Park.

yes there were in the unfairground, you could go in and sit down at a booth, cant recal the name of it but they were there as i hunted them out on purpose (before being disappointed at the wait as they hadnt opened at lunchtime so we went elsewhere)

not heard if they are back, i expected them to be somewhere more prominent

It's all about the Roaming Rotisserie Chicken. Best food/value for money on site.

And things just got better, they announced on their facebook yesterday that they will have two stands at Glasto this year. The new one is going to be in The Park.

Edited by LondonTom

Does anyone know of any Paella stalls at the festival? I've always tried to find one and never succeed.

Although Bestival has Wagamama, Pizza Express and a Nando's, I remember when I last went it had a Paella stall by the big top; dinner every day sorted, it was so good and filling!

Edited by Leggins

Great pic :D I've said it before and I'll say it again - I feel robbed when it's £10 for the big plate, then I eat it and feel like I've had a steal every year.

Wolfy - join us on the Glasto Food Challenge - never repeat a meal all festival, and try to eat all 10+ different animals/fish/things.... I can't remember how many we worked out it was, there's a whole thread of organised gluttony somewhere from last year. So hard not to want to repeat when some of it's so tasty though :'(

I was looking forward to that mac and cheese stall last year but I was quite disapointed. I seem to be in the minority though so i think the problem was that I went on sunday and by that stage the staff seemed shattered and they'd run out of stuff, will need to try it again earlier on.

It's surprisingly healthy food. Because it's freshly made, from fresh ingredients with no sneaky additions

The trick is avoiding fat/sugar mixes - you only get these in pre-fabbed foods and deserts/chocolate. Go paella-mental, just no desert then cheeky creme egg after :P every year inspires me to cook new things at home

sorry i'm all happy just paid my balance!

i think it's a long time before i have to make the toss up between an aussie steak sandwich or a veggie breakfast :/ bring it on

Don't know how helpful this is, or if it's elsewhere, but I've added recommendations against a (rough) location, using this thread, mainly because I'll be looking for a stall where I am at the time. Tempted to add these to Clashfinder, but didn't want to mess anything up or get flamed.

Not that I'm keen, or impatient, or anything....

Edit - rethinking this as the table doesn't paste, simple text for now.

Unknown / Miscel, Yam the Cassava (Cross over Yeoman's Bridge towards Left Field tower and

it is on the left.), Tibetan Kitchen, jerk chicken from the stall in the side road on the right if you come down from Kidney mead just past William green, No Bones Jones, nice stonefired pizza place round by the Astrolabe tent near to Gate C., Glade - pizzas

Acoustic Field

Arcadia

Bandstand

Beat Hotel

Block9, American style pulled pork with a homemade coleslaw.from the American School bus somewhere near Block 9

Common, Rodizio grill place in the Common

Field of Avalon

Glasto Latino

Green Fields

(Greenpeace & Famers Market), Cheese Board

John Peel Stage, "Veggie nachos and chilli, just over the bridge near john peel"

Kidz Field

Left Field, "tagine stall around the bridge on way from leftfield to pyramid"

Other Stage

Park, Roaming Rotisserie Chicken

Pilton Palais Cinema Tent

Pyramid Stage, Northern Range - Jamaican between Pyramid & West Holts, Olly's Halloumi Cones, Argentinian Steak Sandwich

Shangri-La

inc Rocket Lounge, Meat Liquor

Silver Hayes

Strummerville

Theatre & Circus

Unfairground

West Holts, Ghandi's Flip Flop, "Tandoori Paneer wrap", Northern Range - Jamaican between Pyramid & West Holts, Manic Organic, south towards Green Fields, Leon, Indian Veggie Stall - Indian Veggie Curry stall on the bridge

leading into West Holts run by Suresh and his family., French sausage place?, Japanese noodle stand to the left, Tapas bar nearby (with giant lady outside) On your left as you enter the field from Williams Green direction,, Moorish back of West Holts near walk way to Avalon (as of 2013), Goan Fish Stall

William's Green, Paella, Crayfish Bob's, "filled dosas", steak burgers

Edited by carlosj

Don't know how helpful this is, or if it's elsewhere, but I've added recommendations against a (rough) location, using this thread, mainly because I'll be looking for a stall where I am at the time. Tempted to add these to Clashfinder, but didn't want to mess anything up or get flamed.

Not that I'm keen, or impatient, or anything....

Edit - rethinking this as the table doesn't paste.

Unknown / Miscel, Yam the Cassava (Cross over Yeoman's Bridge towards Left Field tower and

it is on the left.), Tibetan Kitchen, jerk chicken from the stall in the side road on the right if you come down from Kidney mead just past William green, No Bones Jones, nice stonefired pizza place round by the Astrolabe tent near to Gate C., Glade - pizzas