Lana Del Rey ( confirmed ) :)

Guest ksalem

I listened live and at the end Clara did a bit of nudge wink saying we'll be hearing from Lana soon. Tour announcement, maybe, although the way Lana spoke about Glastonbury was like it was a one off. Couple of warm-up gigs would make sense though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 2:17 PM, Hugh Jass II said:

I had the same order, and got an email saying they weren't getting it until today to then post out. which is very shit to be honest although i appreciate not their fault...

now whether to listen to it or wait for potentially days... 

4 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Soooooo premature thoughts?

I like the approach and there's plenty to enjoy, but not everything works for me. A few too many momentum killers.

Title track remains my favourite but will have 'Sweet' and 'Kintsugi' on repeat for a while.

Bin off the two interludes that happen within 1 track of each other and it's dramatically better already

Doesn't touch NFR but I doubt anything will 

The two lengthy interludes in fairly quick succession is a tracklist scheduling snafu, buy it feels like a deliberate and intentional flaw rather than something nobody noticed.

Otherwise, it's all largely all A game. Haven't quite cracked Fingertips yet, but the run of songs from Paris, Texas onwards is stellar.

Still in her imperial period.

I actually think this is my favourite of hers since NFR (sans interludes) even if no individual track leaps out as a new standout. Feels more coherent, love the strings, love the melodies.

Think my opinion of it has been boosted slightly by it accompanying a simply gorgeous weekend away, but I'm already glad that these tunes will always be associated with this time for me.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

It's been removed from her website - someone in the BST thread seems to think she's actually playing July 9th

that's even better if I do get resale. The GNR and LDR dream is alive

What’s Lana like live? I’m still on the fence. I love her tunes but saw some clips on YouTube and looked like a bit of a snooze fest. Also, it’s a Saturday night so probs be on the party train. Keen to hear from anyone that’s seen her previously

4 minutes ago, rwoo said:

What’s Lana like live? I’m still on the fence. I love her tunes but saw some clips on YouTube and looked like a bit of a snooze fest. Also, it’s a Saturday night so probs be on the party train. Keen to hear from anyone that’s seen her previously

Notoriously ropey at times and incredible at others, although unfortunately I do think she falls in to the former more often. Like you say, it’s not exactly the most uplifting music and she’s not exactly the most talented vocalist to carry the performance, so it’s very much a risk you’re taking (although fwiw, I’m seeing GnR so this is what I keep telling myself to get over what is a fucking awful clash for me, so I may be bias…)

I enjoyed her on the Pyramid in 2014, but others on here have very different opinions on that.

8 minutes ago, rwoo said:

I've seen her only the once, in 2013 at Brum Academy. I loved it, but she's one of my favourites. Compared to everyone else I've seen, both people I'm big fans of and others who I merely like, I can totally see why someone less enamoured would find her boring.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Notoriously ropey at times and incredible at others, although unfortunately I do think she falls in to the former more often. Like you say, it’s not exactly the most uplifting music and she’s not exactly the most talented vocalist to carry the performance, so it’s very much a risk you’re taking (although fwiw, I’m seeing GnR so this is what I keep telling myself to get over what is a fucking awful clash for me, so I may be bias…)

I enjoyed her on the Pyramid in 2014, but others on here have very different opinions on that.

1 minute ago, Padjeq said:

I've seen her only the once, in 2013 at Brum Academy. I loved it, but she's one of my favourites. Compared to everyone else I've seen, both people I'm big fans of and others who I merely like, I can totally see why someone less enamoured would find her boring.

Thanks both. Probs see what the group I’m with goes for or make a decision on the day depending on mood. Saturday isn’t looking amazing for me at the moment anyway so might just end up seeing her because there’s nothing else that catches my eye. 

51 minutes ago, rwoo said:

I’ve seen her twice, once in Liverpool 2017 and the other in Rome 2018.

Both night were ethereal. I feel she really gets judged on her earlier performances but over time her voice has grown and now she understands her live vocals better (though I do understand a lot of her music is melancholy).

Absolutely amazing at interacting with the crowd, usually takes song requests from the front and almost always comes and visits the front row to chat and take photos.

I would argue that she is one of the best live vocalists I have ever seen & with success at the resale, I know exactly where I’ll be on the Saturday night!

• Like 1