T in The Park 2015

Matt42

Nicki Minaj didn't, Snoop Dogg didn't, Lady Gaga didn't, Jay-Z didn't, Beyonce didn't.

Fair enough on Jay-Z and Beyonce, but Snoop Dogg's not really that big anymore, Nicki Minaj doesn't have the same appeal as Taylor Swift, Katy Perry etc and Lady Gaga only had one album out when she played.

Edit: I know she was added to the lineup fairly late on, but was Beyonce not listed as a co-headliner even though she subbed? Vaguely remember something like that.

Edited by kingcrawler

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough on Jay-Z and Beyonce, but Snoop Dogg's not really that big anymore, Nicki Minaj doesn't have the same appeal as Taylor Swift, Katy Perry etc and Lady Gaga only had one album out when she played.

Edit: I know she was added to the lineup fairly late on, but was Beyonce not listed as a co-headliner even though she subbed? Vaguely remember something like that.

Snoop Dogg headlined Coachella that year and Nicki Minaj was massive when she played. I really can't see them booking Taylor Swift to headline Main Stage.. only people in that category would be Kanye West, Drake and Justin Timberlake.

Snoop Dogg headlined Coachella that year and Nicki Minaj was massive when she played. I really can't see them booking Taylor Swift to headline Main Stage.. only people in that category would be Kanye West, Drake and Justin Timberlake.

Oh right, he might still be big in America but he was 4th down at Glastonbury in 2010 so wouldn't say he's headliner size. I don't think Taylor Swift would play (she's in America when T's on anyway), but if she did I think she'd headline, maybe sub at a push.

Nicki Minaj didn't, Snoop Dogg didn't, Lady Gaga didn't, Jay-Z didn't, Beyonce didn't.

Nicki Minaj didn't because she only had one album out at the time. I was actually surprised she got the slot she did. I was expecting 4th from Main or so when she played.

Snoop Dogg didn't because (in the UK), he is nowhere near as popular as he used to be. He struggled to sell out Academy venues on his last UK tour.

Lady Gaga didn't because she only had one album out at the time. She was only on her 3rd single at the time! (Let's not forget that she was originally announced to play 3rd down on Tuts and was moved to an early Main Stage slot when Poker Face went to #1)

Katy Perry was only on her first album too.

Jay-Z didn't because he was a late addition to the lineup. Headliners were already announced when he was booked.

Beyonce was booked as a replacement for Blink 182. Again, she was a late booking at which point headliners has already been announced.

Pop music has grown in popularity in the last 2-3yrs. With the changing demographic of T, it is the pop acts which will sell tickets and, therefore, headline the festival.

Edited by Stuart1000

I don't think for a second Taylor Swift is as big as Rihanna. The rest of your points are valid but I disagree about Taylor Swift.

She's arguably the biggest popstar in the world right now. The new album is getting rave reviews across the board, she's the 'cool' pop act to like at the minute, sold out world arena tour, headlining Hyde Park in the Summer, not to mention that this is her fifth studio album. If there was any popstar that would headline T this year, it would be her.

She's in the USA anyway at the time of T so it's not going to happen.

Edited by Stuart1000

Taylor Swift's Hydro gig sold out in about a minute, if that's any sort of indicator.

I actually wouldn't even rule out Chase and Status headlining soon or being the headline dance act of the festival, massive crowd the last time round at sub

Yeah I think they're the likeliest dance act to move up to headliners within the next few years, maybe at T or R&L.

Florence + The Machine

Queens Of The Stone Age

The Chemical Brothers

Knife Party

The Vaccines

Mark Ronson

The Prodigy

The Libertines

David Guetta

Bruno Mars

Vampire Weekend

Nero

Kasabian

Noel Gallagher

Alt-J

Taylor Swift

Skrillex

Porter Robinson

Oh my you're going to be very

Honestly Matt, you make me laugh floating around every forum and predicting the line up. A broken watch is right twice a day I suppose

I don't see why that comment was needed, His lineup looked very realistic?

Aren't you the user that expects acts like Bowie every year and moans when T doesn't get them?

FRIDAY

Main

Florence + The Machine

Alt-J

Mark Ronson

Royal Blood

Hozier

Radio One

The Chemical Brothers

Knife Party

King Tuts

Nero

SATURDAY

Main

The Prodigy (co)

Libertines (co)

The Vaccines

Ben Howard

Paloma Faith

Radio One

Two Door Cinema Club

London Grammar

King Tuts

New Order

SUNDAY

Main

Kasabian

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Sam Smith

George Ezra

Radio One

David Guetta

Rita Ora

King Tuts

Underworld

Jus a punt...

FRIDAY

Main

Florence + The Machine

Alt-J

Mark Ronson

Royal Blood

Hozier

Radio One

The Chemical Brothers

Knife Party

King Tuts

Nero

SATURDAY

Main

The Prodigy (co)

Libertines (co)

The Vaccines

Ben Howard

Paloma Faith

Radio One

Two Door Cinema Club

London Grammar

King Tuts

New Order

SUNDAY

Main

Kasabian

Sam Smith

George Ezra

Radio One

David Guetta

Rita Ora

King Tuts

Underworld

Jus a punt...

I think it looks alright actually, would be surprised if New Order play again I see that as about the only unlikely one

Wu Tang Clan are playing two shows in London and Glasgow in June, might they be warm up shows for Titp and Glastonbury?

FRIDAY

Main

Florence + The Machine

Alt-J

Mark Ronson

Royal Blood

Hozier

Radio One

The Chemical Brothers

Knife Party

King Tuts

Nero

SATURDAY

Main

The Prodigy (co)

Libertines (co)

The Vaccines

Ben Howard

Paloma Faith

Radio One

Two Door Cinema Club

London Grammar

King Tuts

New Order

SUNDAY

Main

Kasabian

Sam Smith

George Ezra

Radio One

David Guetta

Rita Ora

King Tuts

Underworld

Jus a punt...

I think The Script will headline Radio 1, probably opposite The Prodigy. Royal Blood are in America around T and doubt they'll come back just for one or two festivals that weekend, so maybe Twin Atlantic in where they are. Other than that I'd generally agree. Can see Jamie T or The Maccabees headlining Tuts one night as well.

Florence and the Machine as a headliner? I just don't get it. 3rd billing at most on main stage maybe headline NME but not the Main.

She played Sub the last time, and she's got bigger and more popular since then and she's got a new album coming, if she plays now the very least would be sub or co-headline but more than likely headline outright

Still find the idea of The Vaccines as a sub-headliner pretty funny.

Same, I like them but their time near the top of the lineups has been and gone, cant see the new album taking them anywhere new really. Second stage headliner, 3rd from top main at best

Looks like Chiefski's (or whoever's it was) lineup poster has started doing the rounds on Twitter again

haha, its my template but someone else on heres version, I'll get a new one up soon