R&L Gig Review

Guest kemosabe

Read some weird reviews but that one takes the cake.

Nah, just kidding. Sort of surprised that they had a Oasis/Kasabian type crowd but then not surprised as Marr and Noel have both sung their praises, although saying that, I think there's some texture to Kasabian's work as well. Anyway, that's made me look forward to seeing Temples now after hearing stories of how crap they are live, and hearing their album.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright...here we go!

Paramore - Saw them at Leeds 2012 and I liked it but then again I was a fan back then. Not expecting it to be any different this time around. 6.9/10 (lol)

Enter Shikari - One of the best band I seen live (note this is coming from a fan boy) and I can't recommend them enough. Some of the energy may be lost on the main stage though 9.4/10 (LMAO)

Foster The People - They were good at Leeds 2012 but that was in the NME but it should be fine. 7.5/10

A Day To Remember - Saw them on their recent tour and it was amazing! I want to see them again! But then again I'm ADTR fan boy so you shouldn't take my word for it :lol: 8.9/10

Don Broco - People said these guys were really good but they were boring most of the time (some fun parts though). Maybe it will be better on the NME but I doubt it 5.0/10

Architects - They were brilliant last night and should be great in the tent! 8.6/10

Lower Than Atlantis - They passed the time well, nothing spectacular but it was alright 7.2/10

I have seen letlive. but that was a while back so I can't really comment on it. I remember it being awesome though!

QOTSA - SO FUCKIN SICK. Better Living Through Chemistry made me projective vomit on justanothername's face.

Vampire Weekend - Not bad, sound was pretty crap though. Left early to see Biffy. No regrets.

Enter Shikari - Biggest pile of w*nk I've ever experienced.

Jimmy Eat World - Pretty good, would like to see them again.

Arctic Monkeys - Awesome at Don Valley in 2011, pretty boring on tour last year.

Jake Bugg - Average performance of average songs.

The Hives - Really fun, but second time round it was all a bit old.

Peace - Decent enough, left half way through though.

A Day to Remember - Absolutely shite. Gave me a headache and I couldn't bare to stay another second.

Enter Shikari - good fun, always have a crowd that's up for it, if you like their music and you like mosh pits, you'll love them live. 8/10

Hacktivist - really impressed me at Leeds, one of the best acts I saw, their version of Niggas in Paris is a definite highlight. 9/10

The Courteeners - good singalong if you like their music, but the crowd tends to be full of idiots, so would probably avoid if you don't fancy being pushed around. The tent was packed in 2012 when they played third, so there might be a risk of suffocation this time around. :ninja: 7/10

The Neighbourhood - saw them support The 1975, wouldn't recommend if you don't like them, the lead singer is fucking difficult to understand, make Matt Healy seem easy to understand. 7/10

The 1975 - thought they were fantastic on their tour, the crowd was really up for it, they'll have a great atmosphere hopefully. Although there'll be a shit load of phones out which kind of ruined it a bit. 9/10

Wolf Alice - again saw them support The 1975, not sure why, they don't really fit in? I didn't really enjoy it because I've never listened to them before, but some of the songs sounded quite good, and I'll probably check them out properly at some point. The lead singer sounded a bit dodgy at times, but so did Matt Healy and The Neighbourhood's singer, the sound in Sheffield O2 isn't very good imo. 7/10

Jake Bugg - sounds good live, although can be a bit boring during slower songs, crowd also tends to be full of idiots. 7/10

Foster the People - one of the best acts I saw at Leeds in 2012, definitely recommended, perfect festival band. 9/10