Pukkelpop 2014

TheNewUnion

Despacio confirmed for Sonar so it could be a go'er after all

Chic and Massive Attack amongst others confirmed.

Feeling optimistic about the announcement now there's a few decent acts knocking around on the circuit.

Are Chic and Massive Attack nailed on?

Also, which others have confirmed?

Just thought, you mean confirmed for Sonar, right?

Edited by TheNewUnion

Are Chic and Massive Attack nailed on?

Also, which others have confirmed?

Just thought, you mean confirmed for Sonar, right?

Massive Attack isn't possible, exclusive for another Belgian festival. And to be fair I doubt Pukkelpop will book Chic, plenty of Belgian festivals which suit them better.

That's good about Massive Attack then. Probably the most boring band I've ever seen live.

Agreed about Chic, not really a Pukkelpop type band, but will keep my fingers crossed. If they announced Chic I wouldn't give a flying fuck what was on the rest of the bill.

Air Gampel in Switzerland same weekend have just revealed part of its line-up: Marilyn Manson will headline it, and I've been thinking the last weeks (since Manson was announced for a british festival) that he is the typical PP band for the rock night for subbing QOTSA... Let's see

Jimmy Eat World also announced so they have already 3 festivals this weekend, so i think that they won't do 4 shows in a row, so maybe we can rule them out.

Frank Turner also confirmed. Last year he cancelled 3 festivals during PP weekend: Highfield, Air Gampel and Pukkelpop. He has been confirmed for Highfield and Gampel, so... He is in.

Also Mando Diao and Turbonegro can be posibilities...

I personally think Chic will be there, was actually very surprised they didn't book them last year. For me the V news further reinforces this and I can see PKP offering them a good slot, either Marquee headliner or Main closer. I remember the fantastic late night Main Stage show Basement Jaxx put on in 2007 and can see Chic going down as well, or if not even better, this summer. Their popularity is arguably greater this year than last so they would also add some weight to a line up that will probably lack any real 'out-and-out' established headliners.

In fact, I'm so confident (or hopeful!) they'll play I'm willing to wager a beer on it! Who wants to take me up???? :)

I personally think Chic will be there, was actually very surprised they didn't book them last year. For me the V news further reinforces this and I can see PKP offering them a good slot, either Marquee headliner or Main closer. I remember the fantastic late night Main Stage show Basement Jaxx put on in 2007 and can see Chic going down as well, or if not even better, this summer. Their popularity is arguably greater this year than last so they would also add some weight to a line up that will probably lack any real 'out-and-out' established headliners.

In fact, I'm so confident (or hopeful!) they'll play I'm willing to wager a beer on it! Who wants to take me up???? :)

They headlined a small nearly free festival in Belgium last year, and it wasn't exactly crowded. So I'm willing to take it :P But Lokerse Feesten and Suikerrock (both in August) have a habit of booking these kind of acts as headliners, that's why I'm assuming them not to be there.

I'm in the camp that says Chic won't come.

I agree Frank Turner is the kind of guy who'd want to make amends for cancelling last year (apparently unlike Neil Young). He'll be there.

Massive Attack are playing two other Belgian festivals - Cactus and Les Ardentes - not one, so they must be extremely unlikely. Not that I mind - I'll be seeing them at the Pitch festival in Amsterdam in July.

I sincerely hope Marilyn Manson isn't coming. Saw him subbing Pixies way back in 2005. Got to be up there among the dullest live acts I've ever seen at PP.

So I'm willing to take it :P

Done! We'll have to make the effort to catch up this summer, be good to watch a couple of bands, enjoy a (free!) beer and talk rubbish about festivals :)

Pitch looks quality Trufflehound, are you going for both days? There's loads on offer I'd like to see at PKP too.

Based purely on a combination of guess work and tour scheduling, I think we will also get Die Antwoord and Kavinsky.

Pitch looks quality Trufflehound, are you going for both days? There's loads on offer I'd like to see at PKP too.

Just the Friday - got other commitments on the Saturday.

Never been before but looks good. Apparently this is the first year they've had an outdoor main stage. And nice to have a festival that's only 15 mins' walk from the centre of Amsterdam.

Flow Festival in Finland is the week before PKP and they've just announced. Puts an awful lot of decent names in Europe that week

The National, Outkast, and Janelle Monae. Also confirmed are Die Antwoord, Darkside (Nicolas Jaar & Dave Harrington), Blood Orange, Charli XCX, Slowdive, Mac DeMarco, Nina Persson (A Camp), Bill Callahan, Paul Kalkbrenner, Kavinsky, Bonobo, Jon Hopkins, James Holden, Jamie XX, Jungle, Little Dragon, Joey Bada$$, Action Bronson, Pusha T, Tinariwen, Mark Ernestus, Les Ambassadeurs, Iisa, Death Hawks, Risto, Noah Kin, Jaakko Eino Kalevi, Eurocrack, Sound And Fury, Tuomo, and Magenta Skycode.

Flights all booked!!! I normally head out on the 10am flight on the Wednesday but it jumped up in price by about £50 over the past few weeks. I therefore decided to get the cheaper 6am flight, which now means I'll have all day to get on it!

Plenty of nice names there The New Union, although a few played last year so not expecting them to come back. It's strange that this is by far and away the least number of confirmations we've had before the first announcement, yet I feel we probably know more of who is likely to play than ever before. I'm sure there will still be loads of names we haven't predicted so that for me will be the exciting part of Monday.

I think we can pretty much confirm Sub Focus. I sent a video for the competition thing to the official PKP twitter account last night and they retweeted it. They then tweeted their own message this morning with a link to my video so in my eyes that pretty much confirms it. Sure he will headline the Dance Hall and, as I missed him in 2012, I'll most definitely be there! :)

Saw the Sub Focus tweet, nice work. Would like to see them too so fingers crossed. From the list I expect The National are playing and would really like Janelle, Outkast and Die Antwoord (who were great in 2011).

Over the last few years, there have been some surprise names in the announcements so here's hoping Monday will deliver.

I can't take all the credit as it was my 7 year old son's Lego and he helped me with some of it! Video has now had over 3,000 views in 24 hours, which is a bit mad!

There's likely to be another Rock Werchter announcement tomorrow so hopefully it won't contain any bands that we want to see at PKP.

• Upvote 1

I can't take all the credit as it was my 7 year old son's Lego and he helped me with some of it! Video has now had over 3,000 views in 24 hours, which is a bit mad!

There's likely to be another Rock Werchter announcement tomorrow so hopefully it won't contain any bands that we want to see at PKP.

Fingers crossed for RW announcing tomorrow Outkast... Want them far away from Kiewit in August

Edited by johnybegood

Anybody got any info on when Tickets for this go on sale? Looked everywhere and can't find anything.

Pukkelpop newbie, first this year. Thank you. :)

Ticket info will come along with first names on Monday. But based on previous years, it'll most likely be 17-18 or 24-25 March.

John Newman also now self-confirmed. Wonder if his quiff has its own rider???

I expect so!

I quite like John Newman and would quite like to see him live, I'm just not sure if his voice is up to it in a live environment - seems a bit forced and nasal. Regardless, I'm sure there will be plenty of other things to keep me occupied and, it's only 25 hours until the announcement!