Early predictions

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind seeing the national, Morrissey, hanni el khatib, black keys, nick cave and possibly phoenix plus I'll second Brian Jonestown Massacre

Who can I see playing may not reflect much of the above !

Franz Ferdinand

Travis

Gabrielle aplin

Public service broadcasting

Embrace

Wild beasts

Flight of Arrows

Rudimental

Frank Turner

Foals

At this early stage I`ll open with :

Utah Saints - Cube thing

Bad Manners - Chawawahs

Craig Charles - as above

King Charles - too early on main

Cast- main

Ocean Colour Scene - acoustic set in calling out

Dreadzone

CHVRCHES

Bez - doing his acid house party thing, maybe in the diner or cube

Snoop Dog or some German dance act in keeping with the new international feel - will see you there Flash.

Lippy, I hope you are right ( this time ) with Sir Jim of Cliff. Would get the Mrs on board as she doesn`t seem impressed with the idea of 2 weekends on the bounce in the tent. Plus we are already committed to go back to the Kelburn garden party at the start of July.

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

Hey DJ. After reading your quote of my quote above I went and poured the remains of my tin of strongbow down the sink and swore never to drink cider again. Fortunately and eventually I can now see what you have done there !

I`m off to see if I can sook the dregs out the plug hole................

I would also like to float the idea of Jake Bugg next year. I know he was at all the biggies this year but can`t see him playing much higher up the card at Glastonbury, T in the Park etc.

Plus, I reckon everyone has seen him by now. Probably more than once. This makes me think that his next move could be to accept longer sets at the smaller festivals.

I think after the success jake buggs had he might have priced himself out of some of the smaller festivals, if the likes of example and the vaccines were over the budget last year then I cant see jake bugg with his promotion team being much cheaper. Difference being, if example or the vaccines played theyd headline and I couldnt see Jake Bugg filling that slot.

Climbs out from under his stone again....

You're all deluded! Even with an extra 2000 punters, the price freeze means that you're only going to get the same calibre of performer's as this year.

To cater for the extra punters you have to spend money on the infrastructure - there isnt the space in the arena to do that.

What would the main stage be like if an extra 1500 people turned up to watch a headliner?

I think you all need to downsize your predictions.

....back under his stone.

1. The Flaming Lips (Please let this happen)

2. Scroobius Pip v Dan le Sac

3. Wild Beasts

4. Daughter

5. OMD (Pure guess but would like some 80's in there)

6. Public Service Broadcasting

7. The Wailers

8. Chic (Fri dance act)

9. Elbow (Sat headliners)

10. The Maccabees

If it was anything close to that I'd be a very happy chappy. Also t'Hotpots have my avid support to play Kendal 14' since they've smashed it every year they've played!

Bands I'd love but cant see it: Modest Mouse, Eels, The National & Pixies

Bands to avoid at all costs: Beady Eye, Example, Ed Sheeran.

I wouldn't mind seeing the national, Morrissey, hanni el khatib, black keys, nick cave and possibly phoenix plus I'll second Brian Jonestown Massacre

Who can I see playing may not reflect much of the above !

Franz Ferdinand

Travis

Gabrielle aplin

Public service broadcasting

Embrace

Wild beasts

Flight of Arrows

Rudimental

Frank Turner

Foals