I *will* find the underground piano bar this year…

Guest pezzypops

I always mean to look for it but never find the time. Or, the only time I remember about it is when I'm at the opposite end of the site.

It's in Dragon field, yeah? Up to the stone circle, hang a left through the trees and then in there somewhere? Or does it move about year to year?

I found the stone dragon in the stream last time I went, there's not many things I still need to cross off my glasto bucket list.

Edit: Also, how come my avatar doesn't animate any more? It used to be the cider bus speeding along a dusty track but now it's just a still :(

Edited by pezzypops

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was listed on the line-up poster last year as Dragon Field Underground Piano Bar. Not seen it mentioned this year. Suspect it would be an anti-climax if I ever actually found it.

Yep Dragon Field is where it was in 2011, at the southernmost end. Didn't see it in its finished form though, only on Thursday when it looked somewhat waterlogged. I only peered through the enourmous sewer pipes which formed its entrance.

I found it once before, 1998 or 1999 I believe. Then it was literally an enourmous hole in the ground with banked earth seating and a tarpaulin roof, located on the southern side of what is currently the craft field

I went and found it in 2011 and it was exactly as you've described. Pretty cool to go and see but we didn't hang around for a long time as there were loads of us and some of the others wanted to go elsewhere. I'm going to spend some time there this year though!

If you've found the stone dragon, you've found the piano bar - it's about 10 yards from it! In the second picture showing the dragons tail it's to the right about 90 degrees and about 10 yards up the hill.

You can see it on here

BS-GlastonburySite.jpg

Find the stone circle. Go right past the trees, its the last big object in dragon field as it tapers to its end. Looks kinda purplish on this.