Am I missing the Sunday headliner for the Park Stage?

Guest puppetmode

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its going to be The Maccabees.

They originally had the Turkey Vodafone Istanbul Calling planned of the Sunday 30th, and dont have anything planned from now until then, and their next show after that is 6th July. But that Festival has since been cancelled, so they're free.

I think it will have been known for a while that this festival was a major doubt, and Glastonbury asked them to headline The Park on the Sunday as and when this was confirmed.

Makes perfect sense as to why it hadn't been announced as the cancellation was only confirmed on Thursday. They would be a nice size band with a big enough following to draw a big crowd (but not too big). They also haven't played since 2009.

Watch this space ...

Edited by st dan

They originally had the Turkey Vodafone Istanbul Calling planned of the Sunday 30th, and dont have anything planned from now until then, and their next show after that is 6th July. But that Festival has since been cancelled, so they're free.

I think it will have been known for a while that this festival was a major doubt, and Glastonbury asked them to headline The Park on the Sunday as and when this was confirmed.

Makes perfect sense as to why it hadn't been announced as the cancellation was only confirmed on Thursday. They would be a nice size band with a big enough following to draw a big crowd (but not too big). They also haven't played since 2009.

Watch this space ...

Travis had dates announced on Monday and are down on efests as a strong rumour. Scottie also said the announcement made it less likely they are playing and was glad he didn't leak the rumour.

My guess is this is the band Scottie believed was playing, but no longer thinks they are.

Watch this space ...

The cribs?

They're playing quite a few festivals this year and it seems strange they're not on at Glastonbury as they seem to have a good relationship with it.

Personally I think there isn't one. If it's going to close at 22:45 like last year, then that only gives an hour after Cat Power, including setting up, so probably about 35 - 40 mins tops which just seems daft for a headline slot.

Glad to be of service.

It won't happen - but it's my best guess if there is a secret set which there isn't. possibly.

(Although I'm thinking* as they haven't long to set up, maybe Neil Young's gonna come out with an acoustic guitar and his harmonica, and do an acoustic set).

*I say thinking, I mean not a fucking hope in hell.

Dunno, about Other Stage Friday - I am still thinking an African Act in that slot perhaps - someone who could then guest on vocals with Classical Afrobeat Orchestra.

The other possibility is that Atoms open and close the festival?

the other name I was considering was Bat For Lashes.

The National are still being rumoured in some quarters to show up - but again that would haveto be Saturday.

Edited by 5co77ie