Who is from the original rave scene of 88-89?

Rodbull

Going on 44 now and look fondly back on my days of the quad and the drome in merseyside. Was thinking how many oldskool ravers are still up for it? Now a days in a campervan (:)) and with a wife and daughter but still having the time of my life!

Live today likes it,s your last

those two words "the drome" brought it all flooding back! only went to the quad a couple of times, but was a regular at peppermint place! much preferred the outdoor hippy raves at moreton shore and shotton, but they were definately more dodgy!

still reminisce of those weekends lost in a haze of winged key/mbs/strawberry madness! they were fine days indeed!

Started around '91 myself, so close but no cigar compared to you. :)

Really looking forward to doing a lot more of the late night dance stuff this year, think it will a great year for the dance music at the smaller venues. 2011 in the Rabbit hole was great on the Thursday night, really looking forward to it starting the festival off properly for me this year as well.

Lol never got to more ton shore was a regular at the drome , first or DJ dg and then the better days of DJ trix. Used to do the quad, the state and then the all nighters. Best days of my life and also met my wonderful wife there 23 years ago! Slowed down abut now but this year is my 15 year old daughters first year at Glasto and mega excited to take her! (Not her first festival but the best )

Started around '91 myself, so close but no cigar compared to you. :)

Really looking forward to doing a lot more of the late night dance stuff this year, think it will a great year for the dance music at the smaller venues. 2011 in the Rabbit hole was great on the Thursday night, really looking forward to it starting the festival off properly for me this year as well.

Still good to know that there is a few of us left tho!

Chemicals last Glasto pulled it off, and pendulum but looking forward to the stones this year. Gonna see chase and status at Leeds so not so worried about the clashes

I was 1988 vintage, and went to a lot of free parties although I wasn't really a proper Quaver - just going along with mates from Uni. It was South East London, so we were at places like 'Lady Flos' - where they'd squat venues like Deptford Community centre and turn it into a free party/festival. A lot of it was Spiral Tribe stuff with Fruit Salad doing the visuals. A weird mix of old travellers with tales of the battle of the Beanfield etc., mixed with ravers doing ridiculous amounts of drugs, when pills cost £25 but did the job...

41 this year and cut my teeth on the rave scene and what glory days they were! Hacienda once, felt too much like it was gonna go off any minute to me so i never went back! Lived in the Warehouse in Leeds though and Back 2 Basics. DJ'd on York's pirate radio station KLFM, only station you could get decent music on locally!

That whole feeling of driving around for hours on the tip off of some rave in the middle of nowhere was fantastic! Sometimes it was bullshit, sometimes it was amazing!

I unfortunately was born a decade or 2 too late :( but you guys will probably enjoy this article, some great tunes on the playlist they tell you to play while reading it although not all from 88/89.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/rave-video-comments-will-restore-your-faith-in-humanity

also parky in bez's acid house, see you down the front!

Edited by preacherman_1

41 this year and cut my teeth on the rave scene and what glory days they were! Hacienda once, felt too much like it was gonna go off any minute to me so i never went back! Lived in the Warehouse in Leeds though and Back 2 Basics. DJ'd on York's pirate radio station KLFM, only station you could get decent music on locally!

That whole feeling of driving around for hours on the tip off of some rave in the middle of nowhere was fantastic! Sometimes it was bullshit, sometimes it was amazing!

lol at this, so true! I remember driving around west yorks on some tip off from a pirate station in Leeds, never found the place but we ended up at some club in Heckmondwike. There we all our in our baggy flared jeans, purple hoodies, wallabees in this club surrounded by the old Friday night black trousers and white shirt lager brigade spoiling for a fight. We ended up legging it while they were bottling us out of the car park!

Always used to head to the labrynth and the rhythm station. Early 90's and fleet services :) Them were the days, double doves and gurning like a bulldog chewing a wasp!