Who's good or bad live?

Guest PDAD

Was curious as have never been to a festival before, if me and my mates turn up on the mainstage (after spending most of the day on nme) at the beginning of NIN's set, how close to the front will we be able to get for biffy? (i'm presuming not very close, just don't wanna be miles back and don't want to have to sit through fob just to get in a good place for biffy/nin)?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was curious as have never been to a festival before, if me and my mates turn up on the mainstage (after spending most of the day on nme) at the beginning of NIN's set, how close to the front will we be able to get for biffy? (i'm presuming not very close, just don't wanna be miles back and don't want to have to sit through fob just to get in a good place for biffy/nin)?

Yeah you don't need to camp out at the main stage for ages.

People who do that are almost annoying as people who chuck wee around.

Anyway, Alt-J are absolute poo live. Looked even worse today at Big Weekend. Everyone else I've seen on the line-up I'd say are good; Twin Atlantic, LTA, Deap Vally, Drenge, Tribes (awesome twice), Lucy Rose, Pure Love & Spector

Amazing:

NIN

Skindred

Good:

Biffy

Editors

Foals

Magnetic Man

Flux Pavilion

Fenech Soler

British Sea Power

Bad:

Brand New

Wretch 32

Hadouken

Not seen that many of them this year, but then, there aren't that many I'd want to see either...

Edited by kaosmark2

Bring Me the Horizon are insane live.

Haven't seen Skindred but they look quality in their live vids

Green Day are always good

Deftones nail it every time

Biffy always good

NIN look outstanding live

While She Sleeps are very good

Brand New were pretty dull on main last time and I'm a fan

Frank Turner - brilliantly intense at Sheffield academy, glorious singalong on the main stage in 2011.

White Lies - solid live band, crazy crowd at Leeds Academy, even sounded great supporting Muse at Wembley Stadium, so should be fine on the main stage.

Biffy Clyro - absolutely awesome. Almost as good as Muse when supporting at Wembley, and I say that as a massive Muse fan. Again, awesome on last year's arena tour, especially the older material.

Editors - fantastic live band. Solid performance. Although they had the new lineup when I saw them, and Justin's guitar tone sounded a little off which spoilt a couple of songs. That seems to have improved now, though. Brilliant visual show as well, although that won't be experienced in their shite slot.

Bastille - saw them support Muse last night. Not a fan of their music but they weren't bad.

Jake Bugg - average performance of average songs.

Theme Park - saw them support Bloc Party. Average and forgettable.

Tribes - seen them 7 times. Been good every time, except the sound was shocking at Leeds last year. Lovely guys as well when I've met them at gigs. May have to miss them for Editors, though.

Enter Shikari - w*nk.

Lucy Rose - decent at Leeds last year. Something nice to see if nothing else is on.

Swim Deep - bollocks. Acted like a bunch of cretins supporting Editors.

Edit: forgot City and Colour. Was pretty boring as a support act at Biffy.

Edited by Will-2609

Crossfaith - Amazing supporting BMTH. 5/5

City and Colour - I think like most I saw them supporting Biffy this year and thought it was a weird choice but enjoyed them none the less. I think in a tent it'll be a better atmosphere for them. 3/5

Editors - Don't know many songs but enjoyed them supporting Muse. 3/5

Pure Love - They were excellent last year. 4/5

Biffy Clyro - Seen them 4 times and felt they can either be just okay or absolutely brilliant. They were pretty average at Download last year and supporting RHCP. They were terrific on their arena tour though. I anticipate a brilliant show though. (Can be a) 5/5.

Skindred - Most fun I've had at a festival. 5/5

New Found Glory - Seen twice on their own tour and once at a festival. Boring both times to be honest, a few alright sing-alongs. 2/5

BMTH - They were a very good live band before this album but they were another level on their academy tour. The music is better now too. Afraid they'll maybe not transfer that onto the main stage however. A 5/5 nonetheless.

Frank Turner - Great sing-along. Didn't enjoy Tape Deck Heart too much though. If he sticks to England Keep My Bones stuff it should be awesome. Based on his most recent show, 4/5

Deftones - Never heard them before 2011 but they were still good. 3/5

System of a Down - Bored me at Download, still some brilliant songs. I just hope they show up motivated and not looking like they want to kill each other. The Download set was alright but wasn't fun. The band certainly didn't look like they were having any. 3/5

Green Day - I'll have seen them 5 times by this years Leeds and they're awesome every time. As for the same old gimmicks arguement, it might not be the first time I'm seeing them but it could well be someone else's, and they might enjoy the "Hey-Oh"s and T-shirt guns etc. I don't think they'll do that at R/L however. Always a lot of stuff to enjoy for die hard fans and casuals alike. 5/5

Theme Park - Quite enjoyed them at Bloc Party. 3/5

The Blackout - A good laugh. Weirdly positioned however, why aren't they on the Saturday at Leeds? I'm looking forward to them again. 4/5.

Twin Atlantic - Really good. Their music is better than you'd think. Crash Land is epic live. 4/5

Awesome
Skindred
Biffy

Watchable
Green day
Deftones
FOB
NFG

C&S

Fucking Shit

Spector
Frank Turner
There's my opinion on who I've seen and remember. I await some frank turner fanboy who w*nks on to his FTHC tattoo to try and convince me frank turner isn't fucking dreadful. Seen him 4 times now, due to the insistence of friends, and he's been dogshit every time!

Awesome

Skindred

Biffy

Watchable

Green day

Deftones

FOB

NFG

C&S

Fucking Shit

Spector

Frank Turner

There's my opinion on who I've seen and remember. I await some frank turner fanboy who w*nks on to his FTHC tattoo to try and convince me frank turner isn't fucking dreadful. Seen him 4 times now, due to the insistence of friends, and he's been dogshit every time!

Tribes-2012-not bad but not great, got a bit bored half way through 3/5

Azelia banks-2012-only really went for 1 song I knew and looked like everybody else did to she wasn't bad though 2.5/5

Fall out boy-2009- get some horrific abuse on here but found them quite fun really. 3/5

Biffy-2008,2008- great live band 5/5

Spector-2012-don't really know much of their stuff and the front man is a tit. Found the music itself enjoyable enough 2/5

Jake bugg-2012-didn't know any if the songs but thought he was pretty good 3/5

White lies 2011? Supporting kol- very solid live band. 4/5

Foals-2008-now I must admit I thought they were terrible the 1 time I saw them. Really like the new album though and I hope they completely change my memories if them live. A definite must see but on the performance I saw 1/5.

Think that's all the bands I have seen