Budget?

Guest Erk

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason even when bringing my own food and drink and having absolutely nothing to show for it at the end (not even a digeridoo or a candle-powered boat) I end up spending a couple hundred quid.

depends on how much alcohol you take, and whether or not you want to buy any souvenirs - eg Tshirts, craft items etc.

I generally take all my own vodka and rum but buy mixers for it onsite so it's cold. I also buy an extra 5 or 6 pints during the course of each day. The only food I take is crisps etc so buy all my meals on site. I tend to buy a tshirt or 2, and maybe a present or 2 so allow £50 for that.

So per day (I arrive thursday)

Food: £15

Booze: £30

Mixers: £10

£55 a day x 4 days = £220

Plus £50 for tshirts or whatever = £270. Plus I will take an extra £100 to cover emergencies.

So I will probably take £400, but will go home with around £100-£150, assuming no emergencies.

You could do the festival for a fraction of that though, if you take all your own booze/food. I've done the festival on a tenner a day easily.

Never spent more than 160ish. I take a box of red wine and some spirits, buy cold mixers and cider on site, plus a good meal and a snack each day. Banana/nutella tortilla wraps, cereal bars and crisps etc all good to take for breakfast and snacks. As others have said, you can spend a fortune or very little depending on how much you are willing to carry!

I've done it on very little in the past, but these days it's my main holiday of the year, I don't want to cook or fret about anything. We bring spirits but buy beer & food. I reckon on about 700 quid, hopefully with a bit left over at the end.

On avarice and in the passed I done glasto on about £200... And again this year I'm only taking £200, but I only buy meals there. I take cider and snacks like Pringles, apples, pick & mix sweet, squash oh and pepperami as it stays fresh.

In the passed I tuck gas stove with pot noodles which I never ate, it was just extra weight to carrie on the walk in... Killer lol but these days I travel light as I cycle.

BUT TAKE WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD AS GLASTO CAN BE DONE ON A BUDGET!!!!

I take out between £400 and £500 for Glastonbury. I bring my own drink in, in large quantities so that reduces any expenditure down. I also don't eat much when there so there's little expenditure on that front. In fact my main expenditure is on things like mushrooms, etc which until last year were brought on to site for me, and were paid for then. I've never bought a t shirt or any other souvenir other than ending up with a couple of tin, candle powered boats (each year) that UEF mentioned. I've bought shed loads of them boats over the years and always lose them in the house. They are a bit like missing socks. Where on earth do they go.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

I'm planning on taking £200 i think but hoping to bring some home. Going to take all my own booze (minus a few from the cider bus), as many little snacks as i can fit in my bag and thinking of buying just 1 t-shirt for a souvenir.