Budget?

Guest Erk

You know what, I think its all about your financial situation at the time... when I was a student I had the time of my life on a ton. Now I spend a lot more than that as I have a job. I don't necessarily have a better time due to spending more but the older you get the more you value luxuries!

Take what you can afford to spend and combined with the right attittude you will have the time of your life.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did 2003 including travel from and too Yorkshire with the following

£50.

3 bottles of netto vodka (mixed with tropical squash.

Box of 'specia'l cookies, bag of shrooms, 3 pills & 200 cigs(scavenged from friends who owed me favours)

Sleeping bag

3 changes of cloths.

A carrier bag of biscuits and other junk snacks scavenged from my parents house.

Slept in a friends tent, got a lift down with someone from this forum for £15 petrol money, paid for one meal a day & swapped the odd special cookie for cold beer.

I have vague memories of, on the Sunday, accidentally wandering (unchallenged) into the back stage area of leftfield and someone giving me free drinks.

Managed to find an unwanted coach ticket back home pinned to lift share notice board.

I was 20 at the time and it all seemed like fun but I'm not sure I'd want to do it like that these days, now I have a job I usually take about £250.

Edit> just remembered that I also forgot to take a coat or anything warmer than a t-shirt so had to haggle with a stall holder to buy an ex-army jacket for a fiver :lol:

I normally spend 150, by taking most of my own booze.

in 2010 I did it on £40 spending money managed to get one cold beer or cider and at least one hot meal a day. also bought a hat and suncream that year with that £40.

I did go to the Hare Krishna tent about 4 times though!

Sunday afternoon was slighty depressing as I spent me last pound on dolly mixtures and had run out of booze!

I'm not planning on taking more than £100. Reading this thread it seems wildly optimistic.

Saying that, when I was at Leeds Thursday - Monday I only spent about that much and I (stupidly) paid for a t-shirt for £20. Most of the other money was me paying for shuttle buses to Tesco to buy food I didn't need.

It probably helps that I don't drink or do drugs so don't need to spend anything on that.

Generally I budget for around £50 a day but usually take loads of cash home with me. I work to £20 on food/brews a day (i properly pig out at Glasto) and then £30 on "others" which could be anything from beer/cider/wine to ice creams, fags, sun hats, milk, dropped tenners etc.

I'll probably budget for around £50 a day as well.

My old man has some old Army ration packs which have decent meals in them which will get us through the first 2-3 days. I'll probably make up some quick little pasta pots or something as well.

Will probably take enough alcohol for 2 days, then Friday onwards it'll be drinks from the bars.