Is 14.45 Wednesday to late for a good camping space ?

Guest monkey1989

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt you'll get a spot in Pennards at that time but most other fields you'll probably be ok as long as you don't mind fitting in where you can.

As someone else said there aren't many camping areas near green fields aside from pennards so if you definitely need to be close to there then consider the night bus. Don't really see why though (especially if this is your first glasto - seems a strange priority for someone that doesn't know the site) as you'll have to do a lot of walking around no matter where you camp. If I were you I'd get off the coach, walk towards Bushy, camp somewhere around there where space is plentiful and go wonder the site and have fun for the rest of the day rather than risk slogging through the whole site to look for somewhere closer to Greenfields, not find anywhere and come back the way you came

@mail1234 because we have a few friends working in the craft fields so would be nice to pester them , me and one other have booked the night bus and will be setting up camp for the others maybe even taking there tents , why is the pennards site so popular ?

Edited by mail1234

there's not too much camping near the stone circle or the greenfields bar Pennards, and that fills up quickly. my personal opinion is don't put too much importance on where you are camping, if you get a spot for all your group you'll be fine. long walks are unavoidable no matter where you camp, and tbh, a long walk round the site isn't the worst way to spend time.

there's not too much camping near the stone circle or the greenfields bar Pennards, and that fills up quickly. my personal opinion is don't put too much importance on where you are camping, if you get a spot for all your group you'll be fine. long walks are unavoidable no matter where you camp, and tbh, a long walk round the site isn't the worst way to spend time.

I'm getting to Glastonbury at the same time Wednesday as you, from what I've heard queues are generally better at the time. I'd prefer that than getting no sleep because of getting up at 2am, not being able to sleep on the coach, queueing for hours to get in just to get a camping spot. You're going to get a camping space no matter what, just not in your perfect place.

This man hit in on the head.

I've been twice and both times camped at Pennards which is great for the stone circle but an awful long haul from West Gate entrance and a thought provoking distance to the Pyramid Stage.

Pennards fills very quickly but Park is next door if you really want to stay that way over.