Wellie boots - Recommendations - Obviously for rocking out in the sun :)

Guest Mistress Jones

Thanks for replies guys - I'm really tempted by the muck boots

I hate wellies that are baggy round the ankle and these look better fitting :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A useful thread... Not that we shall be needing wellies, however my boots died 2011 it wasn't the leaking or water etc. It was that really stick shizzel that followed the rain. So many boots stuck in that mud and the backs of mine kinda broke! The wide easy on boots are simply not suitable if a repeat of 11 comes about, not that it will... But.

A friend had a pair of boots that were like wellies but you could lace them up half way up. They were easy off and worked a treat. I however can't find any such on-line. Any people seen these?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hunter-Junior-Original-Wellies-W23500/dp/B000X288MM/ref=sr_1_2?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1365090368&sr=1-2

Ladies if you're after Hunters but a bit of a short-arse like me who finds the standard ones too long (and expensive!), the kids ones go up to an adult size 5. I have a pair that have seen me through two festivals and I'll be bringing them to glastonbury this year. They're not as short as the ladies short ones, just a nice mid calf length.

Edited by liz lemon

Hi all,

As a daily welly wearer I can't say enough how much you should avoid Hunter wellies. They are unfortunately, these days, poor quality for the money. For the men I'd recommend Muck Boots Wetland, for the ladies Aigle Parcours. Always go for Neoprene lined unless you're just wearing them in the summer.

Bye!

Bill

Hi all,

As a daily welly wearer I can't say enough how much you should avoid Hunter wellies. They are unfortunately, these days, poor quality for the money. For the men I'd recommend Muck Boots Wetland, for the ladies Aigle Parcours. Always go for Neoprene lined unless you're just wearing them in the summer.

Bye!

Bill

I find that wellies aren't the most important part of the footwear. The key to happy mud days are very long, and very thick socks (maybe two pairs on at the same time)

If you wear shorts then welly rash can be a right pain in the.... leg, so long socks usually prevent this

The other problem is wellies are a nightmare for blisters, when trekking across the site, so two pairs of socks are a must for me. I also put plasters on my feet before I go out which seems to prevent blisters as well

Obviously it's going to be glorious sunshine and I'm thinking more about walking my dog ;) but can anybody recommend a good wellie?

My husband has size 15 feet so finding shoes is a bit of a nightmare for us so any larger wellie manufacturers would be appreciated.

I've just purchased a pair of ooh la la wellies and after seeing a couple of comments on here on a particular brand beginning with H I've been filled with buyer remorse. Trying to decide whether or not to send them back now.

Yes so.. now getting kit is now the next step. Welly recommendations if you please :)

Got a £10 standard pair of wellies from B&Q in 2005 that are comfy, keep my feet dry and still going strong.

Don't fall for the marketing hype, just get a pair that fit well. There really is no need to spend huge amounts of money on them unless you're wearing them on a daily basis.

Thanks to recommendations and advice from some lovely eFesters, I have just taken delivery of a pair of purple Tack Muckboots - http://www.totallywellies.co.uk/ProductDescription.asp?Product=Purple%20Muck%20Boot%20Tack%20Wellingtons. I have wide, flat feet and very (VERY) wide calves, and these fit. Like a dream. As an added bonus Totally Wellies' customer service was brilliant, which is a rare thing these days.

Thanks to recommendations and advice from some lovely eFesters, I have just taken delivery of a pair of purple Tack Muckboots - http://www.totallywellies.co.uk/ProductDescription.asp?Product=Purple%20Muck%20Boot%20Tack%20Wellingtons. I have wide, flat feet and very (VERY) wide calves, and these fit. Like a dream. As an added bonus Totally Wellies' customer service was brilliant, which is a rare thing these days.

Yay yay yay how exciting - exactly the same as mine. They were worn during the whole of 2011 and my feet were dry, comfortable and not once did they slip off in the mud - expensive but worth every penny.

Lets hope the wellies do not meet each other at the cider bus as we will not need them !

Aldi are selling cheap fishing gear next Thursday, including these rather fetching looking neoprene lined wellies

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_30174.htm

Product_detail_Wk16T_51.jpg

They look alright?

Some other stuff such as cheap zip off trousers, fleeces and such. Have a look (no connection just customer)