Primal Scream?

Guest Trebor

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Mardy says, probably just a record company thing but he did an interview with Q before the fest (and before they were annoumnced) where he mentioned them. He also watched their set and collared them after to compliment them so he followed through on the 'Special Guests' promotion

megabowl...no he didn't. Bruce never mentioned Kasabian before. prove me wrong and i'll buy you a day's worth of drink at Glasto, but there were jokes on this forum in the build-up to 09 about Kasabian into Bruce. "collared them after", i don't think so, or recall anything along those lines, just comments from Serge saying he'd hoped to see Bruce and say "awwright, mate?". Bruce made a comment about the bare breasts that were exposed during Kasabian's set...

I read an interview in Q, it was their Glastonbury preview edition and had Springsteen on the front. I wasn't particularly a fan of either act at the time so there's no reason for me to make it up but my memory must be deceiving me. I could see if I still have the mag but there's a profound mismatch between 'amount of effort required' and 'how much I care/how likely I am to be right' :sarcastic: Maybe I'll have a look at some point with a days booze on offer. At least I didn't imagine this....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/2505325/Kasabian-bossed-it-at-Glastonbury-Bruce-Springsteen-praises-band.html

I'll adjust my original point, given that it's not the normal changeover in style of acts, I wonder if the Stones have had any say in Primal Scream's booking. It allegedly happened with Radiohead/Flaming Lips, the guy who headlined Saturday in 2009's record company/the band who subbed before him, and IIRC Raadiohead and Bloc Party (3rd year running in the same slot) at Reading in 2009. The Scream have supported the Stones before haven't they?

It's been a very long time since I have had an all day Pyramid sesh. From Billy Bragg till The Stones, I'm all over it. Camp chairs at the ready. I'm so so impressed with Primal Screams inclusion in the list. I'll be totally fired up for the headline set. It's gonna be a great day.

There was a time when he was a regular on the main stages at festivals. I've seen him everywhere from tiny little venues to the main stage at Reading. Always excellent. Good to have him back on the Pyramid. Mind, that said, I think his set at the Leftfield in 2010 was one of the best times I've ever seen him. He seems to have a new lease of life again.

There was a time when he was a regular on the main stages at festivals. I've seen him everywhere from tiny little venues to the main stage at Reading. Always excellent. Good to have him back on the Pyramid. Mind, that said, I think his set at the Leftfield in 2010 was one of the best times I've ever seen him. He seems to have a new lease of life again.

Reading the thread I can't believe people watched U2 over Primal Scream, the Radiohead followed by PS set was as good a double header you will get! People moaned about the rain, they were that good I didn't even notice it, cannot wait till PS into the Stones, will be a proper Glastonbury experience

Reading the thread I can't believe people watched U2 over Primal Scream, the Radiohead followed by PS set was as good a double header you will get! People moaned about the rain, they were that good I didn't even notice it, cannot wait till PS into the Stones, will be a proper Glastonbury experience

Edited by SonOfTroyMcClure

to be fair U2 are for many people (myself included) a 'once in a lifetime' deal. I wouldn't pay to see them at their own gigs, and I only really know the greatest hits so saw them out of curiosity and the knowledge that at some point in the future I'd see Primal Scream.

Managed to see them at IOW last year and they were unreal. Expecting more of the same this year.

The chances were always significantly higher that your average Glastonbury goer would the opportunity to see PS at a future festival (Glasto or not) than U2. If you had any interest in seeing U2 then it was an obvious choice.

I have no regrets about sticking it out at the front for U2, I'm one of the few who actually thought it was pretty damn amazing. I was gutted about the Primal's clash but it seems my choice has been validated because I'll get the chance to see them this year instead. Yes, they may, possibly have split up over the last year but U2 will NEVER play Glastonbury again. It was a true one-off.