which is the better site - Reading or Leeds?

Guest Seanoooo

It depends on your definition of atmosphere is.

Southern: Good old sing-song round the campfire with a beer & marshmallows before retiring to your comfy airbed and double skin tent

Northern: Pissed out of your mind, seeing who can down a litre of gravy the quickest, before finding some bird to take back to your Tesco value tent (if its still there).

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Having been to both, they're fairly similar.

As I Northerner I find the atmosphere/"friendliness" the same at either.

Practical points:

Reading - easy access to the town/tesco/toilets; no camp djs; R1 tent is far from Main

Leeds - middle of nowhere; more late night entertainment; R1 tent close to Main and Main is at the bottom of a hill.

Thats from memory!

Don't know what it's like at Reading but getting out of Leeds last year was a right pain in the arse, seemed like they didn't have a clue what they were doing, and the amount of people that kept cutting in front of us, was in the mood to take a baseball bat to the lot of them :(

To be fair based on last year Reading was overflowing with Welsh people. I was walking round draped in a Welsh flag, expecting nothing but sheep shagger being shouted at me but instead all I heard was "Come on Wales" "Cymru am Byth" etc.

Reading has the history but that's about it. When I go to a festival I want to be away from everything, not in the middle of a city centre. Of course it makes it alot easier to nip out and get a carry out if you're at Reading but I'd rather be in a field in the middle of nowhere. Leeds also has near 24 hour entertainment whereas Reading has a fucking leisure centre. I've been to both and I'd pick Leeds every time.

Reading has the history but that's about it. When I go to a festival I want to be away from everything, not in the middle of a city centre. Of course it makes it alot easier to nip out and get a carry out if you're at Reading but I'd rather be in a field in the middle of nowhere. Leeds also has near 24 hour entertainment whereas Reading has a fucking leisure centre. I've been to both and I'd pick Leeds every time.

Been to both, I know it's abit cliche but I do like reading for its rock history, potential secret slots, and the fact you can nip out and enjoy pub gardens etc if and when you need it, as well as tescos etc.

But leeds main stage being on a Hill is good, means you can sit back and still have an awesome view, plus it being in the middle of nowhere means everyone stays around and has a good time.

Other then that, they are similar obviously due to same lineup. Never found the audience to be obviously different, and the night entertainment doesn't bother me as after the bands and campsite night activity chatting to randomers, maybe going on a ride, and partying in the silent disco is more then enough. I found the campsite djs in leeds to be pretty annoying actually, especially when you want to sleep

Edited by Asdaprice

Been to both and all it comes down to really is personal preference, obviously we're all there for the music or at least should be, but after that if you want late night entertainment, being stuck in the middle of nowhere away from reality etc then Leeds is a better choice, however Reading as everyone knows has the history and seems to be more popular with the younguns as I think its filled with 'Topman kids' and is convenient because its in the town centre. I'm happy going to either, I think me and my mates are going to Leeds again this year so Leeds wins for me.

Edited by OneTwo