Those 'Goosebumps' Songs

Guest mr gumby

Quite a few have mentioned Flaming Lips in 2010. I'm so disappointed I didn't go to see them. It was my first Glasto, and most the people I camped with wanted to see Gorillaz, so I got swept along. We eventually got fed up and left early, and caught half of 'Do You Realise?' on the way past. seemed like they'd really connected with the crowd, which is something Gorillaz definitely didn't manage. fingers crossed they play again soon!

Arctic monkeys diamonds are forever

The killers all these things that I have done

Baba o Reilly the who

Born to run Bruce

Karma police 2010 radio half , at the park missed it but great on YouTube

Rocking all over the world John fogerty 2007

Dignity deacon blue 2011

Many already mentioned but the one I'll always remember (because I wouldn't have chosen to see it in a month of Sundays) was Willie Nelson doing Always on My Mind. Just happened to be walking past the pyramid stage, then my feet seemed to force me to walk closer, then I found tears pouring down my face. Wonderful experience.

2004, spearhead did a song which MF dedicated to soldiers returning home from the 'pointless war in Iraq', this huge monologue about the pointless waste of life and the void left in the lives of those who'd lost people.... Cannot for the life of me remember the name of the song but fuck me it was beautiful - blew me away at the time.

2004 - mcCartney, 'Blackbird'. Adore this song anyway but bawled the entire way through it.

2004- muse 'Newborn'. Had never really listened to Muse before this set. Just that intro leading into the madness of the rest of the song blew my head off

2009- dead Weather 'treat me like your mother' - agog at the extreme bendiness of Alison Mosshart left me spending the entire frigging set thinking equally as perverted thoughts as the other arf ;0)

2010 - 'Karma Police' Radiohalf. Dragged up the the park by the other half to watch Radiohalf as a mate working behind the scenes told us it was gonna happen. Up to that point as

far as I was concerned Radiohead had always been music to commit suicide by. Opening bars of Karma Police and I've never seen so many grown men in tears in my life. Right down at the front as the thousands inhabiting the park sung the 'I lost myself' bit over and over and the emotion was a tangible substance in the air... Rising into a great crescendo as Thomas came back on stage. Fucking incredible. Prompted

me to listen to the back catalogue and I'm now a convert.

2010 - Was desperate to see Muse. Had built the entire set up as this huge thing in my mind. After the euphoria of Radiohalf was expecting huge things from it and was right down at the front centre stage and it was fucking horrific. Been in some pits in my life but the crush was scary as fuck, spent most of the set with an eyeliner if security guards and getting kicked in the head by every fucker that got pulled out. Left the set feeling a little dejected and tbh feeling cheated (this was later resolved by seeing them Leeds 2011 but that's another story). Woke up Sunday morning feeling really crappy and fucked off. In the afternoon, strolling through the green peace field on the way to the Footie and bumped into Mr Eavis himself... This day is perking up I thought.... The chat we had with him meant we lost the rest if our group and couldn't find anywhere half decent to watch the Footie. Strolling past the Avalon tent bumped into a couple of friends who were waiting to watch Keane & thought 'why not'? I know they're a bit Marmite, I've never really had much of an opinion on them one way or the other, but bugger me sideways the sound that the three of them created in that tent was frigging beautiful. After a weekend of 'over-indulgence' (ahem) we were slightly tired and emotional and I just remember listening to 'somewhere only we know' with silent tears streaming down my face, completely lost in a world of my own. At the end of the song looked at me bloke who was a mirror image. Turned out we'd both (independently and unaware of the others thoughts) spent the entire song thinking of my other half's brother who had died ten years before. A little piece of Glastonbury magic and one of the reasons Glasto saves my soul year in year out.

2011 - Elbow (pretty much the entire set but especially grounds for divorce, ODLT, the reverse wave, garveys

Spectacular rapport with the crowd...) thought it was gonna be ODLT THAT 'killed' me... But 'Open Arms' was fucking spectacular.

2011 - 'every Teardrop' Coldplay. We'd hung around after Elbow for Coldplay as had a decent enough spot, were coming up nicely and frankly didn't really give a shit what we were listening too. But that song for me was sensory overload and at the time just blew my frigging mind.

2011 - 'No-one knows' QOTSA. Absolutely off our faces at the other stage, where we'd spent most off the day lying in the sun feeling tired (and weirdly incredibly horny haha), right at the back of the field with four mates that we'd only met that weekend but are now some of our best mates ever, loads of space around us, laser show going mental, caning the last of the weekend stash of brothers amongst other things, just remember the six of us bouncing around like nutters and then my mate just turns to me with the hugest grin ever, like the happiest freaking bloke on earth, and we're all there, the six of us, just bouncing around and grinning at each other like mentalists. Absolute quality :0)

Have seen:

Adrian Edmondson & The Bad Shepherds - Down in the Tube Station at Midnight

Hazel O'Connor - Will You (sadly without the full sax solo)

Kings of Leon - Fans

The Verve - Lucky Man and Bittersweet Symphony

John Cooper Clarke - Beasley Street

White Lies - Death

The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again

Editors - An End Has a Start

Would love to see:

Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye

Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Ash - Girl From Mars

Stereophonics - Too Many Sandwiches

The Darkness - Nothin's Gonna Stop Us