2013 line-up

Guest insideaway

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're wrong as well, thinking a Main stage headliner would lower their demands and play on the 2nd stage against a band who is a lot smaller than them, despite the fact they are headlining every other major European festival.

where a band is billed in other countries means fuck all for the UK. David Hasselhoff can sell out stadiums in Germany.

The question any UK festival promoter will want to know is this: can they sell the number of tickets that a headline band needs to sell?

Kiss have proven that they can't for a festival (less than!) the size of Download.

The end.

where a band is billed in other countries means fuck all for the UK. David Hasselhoff can sell out stadiums in Germany.

The question any UK festival promoter will want to know is this: can they sell the number of tickets that a headline band needs to sell?

Kiss have proven that they can't for a festival (less than!) the size of Download.

The end.

Would Kiss accept second stage money or status? Would a promoter give them headliner-esque money, more than the amount they would get for playing their own/a european festival?

I think they'd be more likely to do their own gig or stay in the US/Europe, rather than go second stage.

In terms of record sales/ticket sales, they clearly can't sell enough festival tickets in the UK though.

You also claimed that Sonisphere was over and it wouldn't be returning next year, despite me telling you countless times that it is returning.

make up lies why don't you. Oh, you already have. ;rolleyes:

As I said, more fool you if you believe an out of date rumour from a website that is equally trying to get traffic on to their site.

i've not expressed an opinion either way about whether they might play.

I merely made comment on their ability to sell festival tickets, as got proven last year.

I swear this forum is hilarious sometimes... we are talking about predicting bands for a festival... none of us are going to be spot on... even efestivals... and none of us are going to be completely wrong (unless you have little idea about festivals which I very much doubt if you are on this site). The only thing I would say is efestivals is the only one with a proven record so I tend to side with whatever rumours etc get put on the site.

Muse exit pretty sharply and are nowhere near as good value for money as Metallica or Foos. I've never seen Green day but believe they are similar. The amount of time that Metallica spent on stage after their set giving out sticks, plectrums and beachballs and just giving a bit back to the fans was a revelation to me. I've never seen a band quite like them. After all the years and success they spend a bit of time showing appreciation to their fans when other bands just get arrogant. They'll get my money again as a result.