Kendal Calling 2013

Guest ramragon

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could see them slotting in to a mid afternoon weekend slot, never their biggest fan but I could see why they'd appeal to some. I ended up passing on the little comets gig, got a lot going on and still Jake bugg an band of skulls next month. Can't gan to everything !

I don't see Squeeze as a festival type band...may be wrong, but what is their previous festival history?

Agree about Erasure being too big but see Deacon Blue & Heaven 17 being good shouts....both of them are doing tours at the moment so they may be into the festivals next summer.

Here's one for you to think about.....Simple Minds.....they're doing a huge Greatest Hits tour next year in small to medium sized venues (tickets go on sale this Friday 26th Oct)....might be a good shout for Kendal.

Yeah I was a big simple minds fan in the 80's and wouldn't mind seeing them play, was gonna see them at Newcastle earlier this year, the around £40 a ticket price put me off at the time.

As for bigger than u2 in the 80's, not sure about that, maybes localised to ma lakelands pallet shed in the lowther area !

Yeah I was a big simple minds fan in the 80's and wouldn't mind seeing them play, was gonna see them at Newcastle earlier this year, the around £40 a ticket price put me off at the time.

As for bigger than u2 in the 80's, not sure about that, maybes localised to ma lakelands pallet shed in the lowther area !

I don't see Squeeze as a festival type band...may be wrong, but what is their previous festival history?

hows about them headlining one of the UK's oldest festivals this year?

Or them having played at loads of different festivals for the last 15 years at least? And it's probably the case that there's not been any summer in the last 15+ years where Squeeze or their two major members solo haven't played.

There's not that many bands who have a stronger festival association.

hows about them headlining one of the UK's oldest festivals this year?

Or them having played at loads of different festivals for the last 15 years at least? And it's probably the case that there's not been any summer in the last 15+ years where Squeeze or their two major members solo haven't played.

There's not that many bands who have a stronger festival association.

Edited by MickL

Caught deacon blue at Glastonbury and really enjoyed a cheesy drunken singalong, a band I'll be sure to catch in the future again. Got tickets for Jake bugg next month in the academy2 which I'm really looking forward to, I passed on the early Feb gig cos it was within days of the baby due date and I had visions of me being at a gig and the missus rushing to hospital ! Quite happy to have November tickets and amazed they're passing hands at more than 60 quid now. Pleased I got the 8 quid option when they first came out !

I think deacon blue is a winner !

Nargtadge if your lurking checking out what the fans think check out this video and if your unsure just ask Jon D and sacha macaroni cos they will appreciate it they were in their mid to late 20s when this tune was out in 1987.

Edited by lakeland5