Kendal Calling 2013

Guest ramragon

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the torment of silly shifts at work is over for now ! Whats your thoughts then Al ? who can you see appearing next year ?

No way on mumford or Elbow, Primals a possibility if theyre still touring then.

Saw Ghostpoet again at the weekend and he played an excellent set, he'd be a good shout for next year but would need a tent rather than an open air stage to perform on

Not going to get to caught up on who might or might not be playing.....its probably far too early!!

I read the comments re: the Vaccines with interest......are they really as "big" as is being made out? If so, i for one won't be dissapointed if they won't play small festivals. Pretentious and overrated are two workds that spring to my mind!

Not going to get to caught up on who might or might not be playing.....its probably far too early!!

I read the comments re: the Vaccines with interest......are they really as "big" as is being made out? If so, i for one won't be dissapointed if they won't play small festivals. Pretentious and overrated are two workds that spring to my mind!

Edited by lakeland5

Hey newbie to the forum here, but I suppose you could say I'm almost qualified as a Kendal veteran going three years on the trot and planning to go yet again this year with a group of mates. Know it sounds cliched, but it really does have a unique and special vibe to it which I've struggled to find as much in abundance as I have with KC - the organizers have got it spot on for me (Toilets need a major revamp though!). Not going to go into detail about previous fests, got plenty of time to discuss that in further detail just going to submit a few of my "wishlist" bearing in mind what Kendal might go for based on previous years whilst keeping it as realistic as possible:

Friday: Example, Hotchip, Metronomy, Pulled Apart By Horses, Whiskycats...etc (Personally think Example is a load of shite, but he's about the right size of act to attract punters.)

Saturday: Stereophonics, The Charlatans, Wild Beasts, The Wailers, Little Barrie, Jim Jones Revue

Sunday: Elbow, The La's Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, Hotpots, Dreadzone, Jake Bugg, Heaven 17 (Gotta get some dodgy 80 band's in there)

...purely speculation obviously. I'd love it if Kendal went all out to get Flaming Lip's as they've over the past year are gradually becoming one of my favourite bands. Watched them at Parklife this year and they were a bit hit and miss, mainly playing new material from their new album which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I felt they lost the crowd on too often occasion (Might just add conditions were pretty dire which would've contributed). Would it be too much of a risky move for the organisers? I know they're fans as they posted they were looking forward to watching them at Jodrell Bank a while back. Anyway...I'll stop babbling now. Roll on KC'13!

Also just on a random note I think I may of complemented Ramragon on the Thursday on his 'Heinsenberg' t-shirt. Just glanced at your DP. Top man for spreading the good word of BB!

Hey newbie to the forum here, but I suppose you could say I'm almost qualified as a Kendal veteran going three years on the trot and planning to go yet again this year with a group of mates. Know it sounds cliched, but it really does have a unique and special vibe to it which I've struggled to find as much in abundance as I have with KC - the organizers have got it spot on for me (Toilets need a major revamp though!). Not going to go into detail about previous fests, got plenty of time to discuss that in further detail just going to submit a few of my "wishlist" bearing in mind what Kendal might go for based on previous years whilst keeping it as realistic as possible:

Friday: Example, Hotchip, Metronomy, Pulled Apart By Horses, Whiskycats...etc (Personally think Example is a load of shite, but he's about the right size of act to attract punters.)

Saturday: Stereophonics, The Charlatans, Wild Beasts, The Wailers, Little Barrie, Jim Jones Revue

Sunday: Elbow, The La's Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, Hotpots, Dreadzone, Jake Bugg, Heaven 17 (Gotta get some dodgy 80 band's in there)

...purely speculation obviously. I'd love it if Kendal went all out to get Flaming Lip's as they've over the past year are gradually becoming one of my favourite bands. Watched them at Parklife this year and they were a bit hit and miss, mainly playing new material from their new album which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I felt they lost the crowd on too often occasion (Might just add conditions were pretty dire which would've contributed). Would it be too much of a risky move for the organisers? I know they're fans as they posted they were looking forward to watching them at Jodrell Bank a while back. Anyway...I'll stop babbling now. Roll on KC'13!

Also just on a random note I think I may of complemented Ramragon on the Thursday on his 'Heinsenberg' t-shirt. Just glanced at your DP. Top man for spreading the good word of BB!

Heyup fellas, didn't think the 2013 forum would be up and running yet, but 13 pages by the end of September, impressive stuff..

I'll go with a wish list :

Friday New Order (going on the basis that the 8000 capacity Festival No.6 can afford them)

Saturday Morrissey / Pixies / Nick Cave (all three completely unlikely, but possibly affordable and would bring their own crowd)

Sunday The Wedding Present

Throw in Edwyn Collins on the main stage, King Charles, The Fall, Wind Up Birds and Half Man Half Biscuit and I would need oxygen. Not very realistic, and it would be a festival for the over 40's, but I live in hope. I think New Order are a possibility though, as are Peter Hook and the Light. Primal Scream are a shout.

And Ramragon, Admiral Fallow were top drawer in the Calling Out, they are getting some tv coverage with a song on some heavily advertised tv drama "starring James Nesbitt" at the moment. Still owe you a drink from last year as well. I bought you one but ended up drinking it myself, doing a billy-no-mates in the real ale tent

Saturday Morrissey / Pixies / Nick Cave (all three completely unlikely, but possibly affordable and would bring their own crowd)

And Ramragon, Admiral Fallow were top drawer in the Calling Out, they are getting some tv coverage with a song on some heavily advertised tv drama "starring James Nesbitt" at the moment. Still owe you a drink from last year as well. I bought you one but ended up drinking it myself, doing a billy-no-mates in the real ale tent