T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

Agree with the Biffy comment. If it's true that the 3rd headliner hasn't been nailed down yet I cant imagine it would be biffy as I'm sure they'd jump at the chance to headline T straight away. If Biffy were going to headline it would surely have been the friday night so I think we can rule them out. Not saying Biffy aren't a good act but I cant see T having them as a Sat or Sun headliner.

Similarly i think if The Killers were the plan for the final headliner I cant see why they wouldn't be tied down yet given their history with T.

I'm leaning towards Green Day or someone totally out the blue.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am pretty sure it's down to DF being undecided about adding a couple of gigs on the Stone Roses weekend at Glasgow Green.

From what I've heard, either KOL or Killers will be playing there, with one more likely to play T than the other.. reckon they are probably still finalising other dates to see what suits best.

Might be completely wrong though.. something is definitely being planned for GG though.

I don't think it'll be The Killers or Biffy but not sure how that rules out The Killers.

Biffy I can see, yet to headline a major festival, closing is not going to happen. Too many were too sure on Biffy headlining, but people must be able to realise, Mumford & Sons are bigger

as much as i am not a massive mumford fan nor cant stand rhianna, looking at this lineup, i have hope for the main announcment ... theyve managed to get two of the hottest acts around atm and many of the most in demand acts for the undercard.

theyve given us two new headliners which everyone keeps moaning about.

this gives me hope that their gonna keep this up and get quality for the full lineup.

this will hopefully mean great alternatives in tuts and nme ...

as much as i am not a massive mumford fan nor cant stand rhianna, looking at this lineup, i have hope for the main announcment ... theyve managed to get two of the hottest acts around atm and many of the most in demand acts for the undercard.

theyve given us two new headliners which everyone keeps moaning about.

this gives me hope that their gonna keep this up and get quality for the full lineup.

this will hopefully mean great alternatives in tuts and nme ...

There's nothing old about wanting quality.

absolutely true,.

But what is (essentially) defined by your age is what it is that you consider to be quality. What is quality is a subjective idea, that is to a large extent defined by the time and culture in which you grew up.

Lonnie Donigan might have been what was quality to you dad. If you don't find it to also be quality is that because your Dad's tastes are shit, or merely that his tastes are defined by different things to you?

If T put on a line up like Werchter this year it would sell out in minutes again.

As T are getting it so very wrong, I start to wonder how come no one is trying to do what you say if it would be so much better and more successful? If there's so much money to be made from the success that you say it would have you haver to wonder why it doesn't happen.

If T put on a line-up like Werchter, the likes of you would be saying T is a rip off because it only has 1/3 of the number of bands to normal. tongue.png

But that aside you are no comparing like with like in many other ways, because those bands are not in Belgium what they are here - that's four headline bands in UK terms. Which is precisely why it won't happen.

You might as well be looking at an old T line-up poster and saying how fantastic the bands on there are, whilst forgetting that when that line-up actually took place the bands you now think fantastic you'd not heard of. It's a meaningless exercise that tells you nothing of use - aside from proving how the view of how great the line-ups have always been is a warped by time.

If they choose to put on lesser quality acts to try and maximise their profit then fair dos.

do you really think they're booking these acts because they have cheaper fees? blink.pngwacko.png

You need to stop taking the hallucinogens I reckon.

If you honestly think that putting the Stone Roses, Kasabian and Snore Patrol on last year is trying flush out the old people and cater to the new young poppy generation then I really think you have your dates, genres and head a bit mixed up.

of course I don't think those particular acts were that. laugh.png

I'm addressing what you've been saying for over a year. Those acts were never the acts on your target.

They are not trying to make it collapse in attendance, they are trying to evolve it musically, to keep it current. That does not mean that everything of what it has done in the previous year or years is binned.

It means that as new kids come into the festival, others at the older and leave it, because it no longer suits what they want.

They've got lazy and greedy or fallen out with significant parts of the music industry. If they want a fresh approach they should get rid of that c**t Ellis. He's lost his way.

or alternatively, you're unable to see any view of T but the wrong one of your own, which is the lazy and stupid view out of step with what the music industry has always been.

If you've got it as much as you say, I'll enjoy interviewing you in the next year or two where you can rub these words in my face - because if you're right you're a millionaire next year. On the basis that you'd rather have a million than not, I'll look forwards to seeing your festival. smile.png

But I think you're constantly proving yourself far too obtuse for this conversation. So with that, i'm out.

Edited by eFestivals

i was fully expecting stereophonics and biffy to sub ..

my worry now though is, will big bands like those two be happy to sub mumford and sons who are relativley new.

i know that if i had been around aslong as them and was as big as these bands ive mentioned, i wouldnt be happy at supporting them ...

maybe thats just me, but thats the only worrying thing i could take from this ...

no, no we're not.

thinking though, who would you have liked for the headliners?

taking into account that Muse are doing their own stadium shows

info says Blur aren't doing Uk fests and more and more, it's looking fairly likely it was maybe right info, I couldn't see T not going for them if available.

Foo's, Coldplay, Arctics were recent, the big dad rock's in Bruce etc wouldn't happen, don't want it anyway.

The Killers - It's not confirmed yes or no but I'm unsure.

Biffy - doubt it'll be the sunday, rihanna isn't defo doing the sat mind but biffy can't see on the sat either.

Who do you go for? That is around that will sell tickets?

i was fully expecting stereophonics and biffy to sub ..

my worry now though is, will big bands like those two be happy to sub mumford and sons who are relativley new.

i know that if i had been around aslong as them and was as big as these bands ive mentioned, i wouldnt be happy at supporting them ...

maybe thats just me, but thats the only worrying thing i could take from this ...

are you sure about that ...

same with paolo nutini. he was the 3rd i thought, but really why should he accept sub when he has done just as much as mumford and sons ...

imagine it was last year. would noel have ever accepted a sub spot while mumford headlined ?

it'll be interesting to see the february announcment to say the least

are you sure about that ...

same with paolo nutini. he was the 3rd i thought, but really why should he accept sub when he has done just as much as mumford and sons ...

imagine it was last year. would noel have ever accepted a sub spot while mumford headlined ?

it'll be interesting to see the february announcment to say the least