T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is a thought, they possibly weren't allowed to do a glasgow hydro gig that went on sale next friday, with people knowing today - only 4 weeks to go until T, it may have got people to just buy day tickets and see the best of what they could that day.

everyone know's it's not good business to book a band for a festival and then a gig in the same place pretty much to go on sale at the same time, it makes perfect sense if so why QOTSA weren't booked.

for me my weekend goes like this:

friday

imagine dragons - rudimental - jake bugg - chase and status and mumford and sons

saturday

swim deep- the fratellis - the view - the lumineers - miles kane -snoop dogg - dizze rascal - then not sure about headliner

sunday

earth wind and fire- 1975 - bastille - frank turner - disclosure - stereophonics - the killers

would have liked to see the courteeners but they are classing with chase and status and with seeing the courteeners in Birmingham a couple month back think im going give chase and status ago.

it is a thought, they possibly weren't allowed to do a glasgow hydro gig that went on sale next friday, with people knowing today - only 4 weeks to go until T, it may have got people to just buy day tickets and see the best of what they could that day.

everyone know's it's not good business to book a band for a festival and then a gig in the same place pretty much to go on sale at the same time, it makes perfect sense if so why QOTSA weren't booked.

If I was going, this is what I'd see. Not a great amount there.

Friday: Everything Everything, Kendrick Lamar, Tribes, Phoenix, Kraftwerk

Saturday: The Fratellis, Miles Kane, Snoop Dogg, British Sea Power, My Bloody Valentine

Sunday: Deap Vally, Johnny Marr, Frank Turner, Frank Ocean, Editors, Foals, Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Well, look at how many bands how just announced gigs or later on that are playing at Download. QOTSA are bigger than all of them, as in subbing, none of them are close. There may of been plans already stopping T have been able to book them. Do you see my point now? All the yarning on about T not booking QOTSA - from a booking angle, it may not have been possible.

Yes they are playing Download and now have uk dates as well, but they are literally the day before and I imagine contractual reasons stop them from doing this. I would guess there is a contract thing that stopped T from booking them due to the fact that within a month before T they'd be announcing their own gig in Glasgow - knowing that Edinburgh gigs are seemingly less and less, there probably wasn't one expected there anyway.

Edited by carruthers67

Well, look at how many bands how just announced gigs or later on that are playing at Download. QOTSA are bigger than all of them, as in subbing, none of them are close. There may of been plans already stopping T have been able to book them. Do you see my point now? All the yarning on about T not booking QOTSA - from a booking angle, it may not have been possible.

Yes they are playing Download and now have uk dates as well, but they are literally the day before and I imagine contractual reasons stop them from doing this. I would guess there is a contract thing that stopped T from booking them due to the fact that within a month before T they'd be announcing their own gig in Glasgow - knowing that Edinburgh gigs are seemingly less and less, there probably wasn't one expected there anyway.

Got you now. Could be they werentvasked could be that they were as you say and their own gigs took priority. No one will know unless Geoff talks. However, good band as they are, the wouldn't have been the bad that made a massive difference in shifting tickets. I think this place is a microcosm of what i would term 'serious' music fans. The type that go to gigs on a monday and live and breath music. (Which is no bad thing guys so no criticism). Its just i think that of the masses that go to T they are in the minority. Other than here i've not heard anyone scandalised because qotsa arent there yet as a collective we on this board seem to have talked ourself into believing they make or break a festival. There are much more important bands than them that aren't there.(in my opinion of course)

Friday: Haim, Tribes, Of Monsters & Men, The Courteeners, Kraftwerk

Saturday: MS MR, The Fratellis, The Strypes, Peace, Daughter, Miles Kane, Frightened Rabbit, British Sea Power, Beady Eye

Sunday: Deap Vally, Ocean Colour Scene, Johnny Marr, Two Door Cinema Club, Jagwar Ma, Editors, Stereophonics, Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Friday: the proclaimers, of monsters and men, Phoenix and kraftwerk

Saturday: the fratellies, deacon blue, Palma violets, the lumineers, Noah and the whale, frightened rabbit, who cares......probably alt j

Sunday: the heavy/ EW&F, Bastile/ the 1975, frank turner/ johnny marr, the editors, the Stereophonics, the killers

I have a few clashes on Sunday, as I have said the stage split this year is made so the pop kids don't queue to long, last year was epic. There were fucktards queuing for that w*nkstain minaj before Frank Turner, around five hours hahaha....

Not sure of the whole QOTSA were they asked/not debate now, they were always going to do an autumn/winter tour, which would allow the album to sink into the fanbase and get casual fans on board making an appearence next year more feasible, sure they are playing Download and the likes of but thats different audiences that cater to them more. The upcoming tour is a big one for them and just the one festival appearance in the UK reflects this, I'll look forward to them play The Hydro and hopefully see them get a merited high position at T and Leeds/Reading next year. I do say all that knowing that if they were there this year I'd have probably there in a heartbeat but it just makes sense for them this year not to be really.

Hope The Hydro can push alot of the larger acts up here, anything to not be in the main SECC building. Looking forward to that weekend, QOTSA on the saturday and Sigur Ros on the Monday, I expect to have some hearing problems after

Edited by Chiefski

If anyone is looking for, or knows anyone looking for, a Thursday-Sunday (Weekend Camping) ticket, PM me. Had a buyer who has pulled out, trying to sell it at face value (£195-205) but would be willing to sell under the asking price if need be. Cheers

Think this is what I'll be seeing

Fri: Imagine dragons, everything everything, rudimental, of monsters and men, the courteeners, Calvin Harris

Sat: the fratellis, deacon blue, the view, miles Kane, travis, twin Atlantic, Rhianna

Sun: earth, wind and fire, deep valley, Bastille, frank turner, TDCC, stereophonics, the killers

Cheeky wee prediction for 2014 to brighten up your Saturday mornings.

MAIN

Beyonce - Paramore

David Bowie or Green Day - Bruno Mars

Biffy Clyro - Queens of the Stone Age

NME

Plan B

Example

Avicii

TUTS

Basement Jaxx

Nero

The Vaccines

TRANSMISSIONS

Enter Shikari

Seasick Steve

Madeon

Looking forward to Chvrches on the Sunday. Think the BBC will show a good bit of their set and ( if they nail it ) expect them to go onwards and upwards. Tickets arrived yesterday ( along with my Glastonbury ones ). A good day !

All we need now is for the rain to go off for the Roses tonight....

Looking forward to Chvrches on the Sunday. Think the BBC will show a good bit of their set and ( if they nail it ) expect them to go onwards and upwards. Tickets arrived yesterday ( along with my Glastonbury ones ). A good day !

All we need now is for the rain to go off for the Roses tonight....

Got you now. Could be they werentvasked could be that they were as you say and their own gigs took priority. No one will know unless Geoff talks. However, good band as they are, the wouldn't have been the bad that made a massive difference in shifting tickets. I think this place is a microcosm of what i would term 'serious' music fans. The type that go to gigs on a monday and live and breath music. (Which is no bad thing guys so no criticism). Its just i think that of the masses that go to T they are in the minority. Other than here i've not heard anyone scandalised because qotsa arent there yet as a collective we on this board seem to have talked ourself into believing they make or break a festival. There are much more important bands than them that aren't there.(in my opinion of course)