T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

Said similar a while ago here, all the organisers are interested in is cash, they have decided they can make more by booking dross and appealing to youngsters who want to have a weekend away from mum and dad. The great thing about T has always been the cross section of all demographics. I, like others love seeing some novelty booking or pop bookings. Lady gaga and Katy Perry played four years ago, both were top of their respective games yet both played mid afternoon. When gaga played she was as big as rhianna is today yet she was well below headline, the dumbing down of T is complete. The stage split is set round pop acts, so the youngsters can see as many without clashes.

I was blocked on twitter by T for having a rant, which isn't easy in 140 characters for saying similar. The definition of madness is doing the same thing again and again but expecting a different outcome, well I am done with it. I will not make the same mistake again, I will not be being a ticket next year. I will wait till this time of year, after the stage split. If there is anything I want to see I will get a ticket if not I won't...simple. I get embarrassed when I realise how long I've been going to a field, first in a park then in fife, and it'll be a wrench but I will be somewhere else next year. Unless GE and co go back to the core demographic.

Going to Saturday Leeds, I will see what the other festivals are doing next year because I fear T will be even worse next year, big promises as it is 21 to get us to buy early bird only to disappoint us by booking Bruno fucking Mars or some other manufactured pish.......

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its sad, but the only way that T will learn is if they truly get hit in their pockets. I think they have taken it for granted that they can sell it out regardless of who they book.

I don't want T to fail, but if they have to get their fingers burned to put them back on track, then so be it.

I haven't booked any other festivals this year as I'm going to London in August for the England vs Scotland match, and have booked a number of gigs recently.

Said similar a while ago here, all the organisers are interested in is cash, they have decided they can make more by booking dross and appealing to youngsters who want to have a weekend away from mum and dad. The great thing about T has always been the cross section of all demographics. I, like others love seeing some novelty booking or pop bookings. Lady gaga and Katy Perry played four years ago, both were top of their respective games yet both played mid afternoon. When gaga played she was as big as rhianna is today yet she was well below headline, the dumbing down of T is complete. The stage split is set round pop acts, so the youngsters can see as many without clashes.

I was blocked on twitter by T for having a rant, which isn't easy in 140 characters for saying similar. The definition of madness is doing the same thing again and again but expecting a different outcome, well I am done with it. I will not make the same mistake again, I will not be being a ticket next year. I will wait till this time of year, after the stage split. If there is anything I want to see I will get a ticket if not I won't...simple. I get embarrassed when I realise how long I've been going to a field, first in a park then in fife, and it'll be a wrench but I will be somewhere else next year. Unless GE and co go back to the core demographic.

Going to Saturday Leeds, I will see what the other festivals are doing next year because I fear T will be even worse next year, big promises as it is 21 to get us to buy early bird only to disappoint us by booking Bruno fucking Mars or some other manufactured pish.......

Edited by Chiefski

I was thinking and after seeing the album will be released September for KOL, it'd be silly almost to not include them in a guess of 3 and my guess would be for IOW as well, it's a smaller fest so amount of tickets they';d need to sell wouldn't be as great. I don't think they'll be at R&L or Glasto.

And also is anyone wanting to see James Arthur hope no one turns up to see him honestly X factor and those other competitions have ruined music and t is turning to them! And also who rates the proclaimers? Pile ofpish! Sorry If i offend any1!

Edited by jockthescot

T will always be special to me, do it every year an institution with my son and I. For that reason I don't want it to fail, I want it back. I want our T back, acts like REM, RATM, the Foo Fighters, blasts from the past like blur, pulp, the specials seeing new acts progress and grow. Watching acts I wouldn't normally be into like jay z or eminem. This is what was great about T. It has went down the darkside, once you go down the dark path you have to throw the emperor off a walk way, then you die....watched Star Wars sorry for the ramble....

And also is anyone wanting to see James Arthur hope no one turns up to see him honestly X factor and those other competitions have ruined music and t is turning to them! And also who rates the proclaimers? Pile ofpish! Sorry If i offend any1!

Don't know if anyone's seen this but for this year some voucher website has worked out you would actually be £8 cheaper to see the big acts in their own shows than going to T in the Park. Wasn't T the best value last year?

http://www.netvouchercodes.co.uk/livelifeforless/the-uks-top-value-music-festivals-2013-infographic/

Don't know if anyone's seen this but for this year some voucher website has worked out you would actually be £8 cheaper to see the big acts in their own shows than going to T in the Park. Wasn't T the best value last year?

http://www.netvouchercodes.co.uk/livelifeforless/the-uks-top-value-music-festivals-2013-infographic/