The Non-Headlining Acts 2013

Guest GlastoSimon

some of that looks fucking awful and / or wrong. You Me At Six? Jack White down so low? Deftones INTO SOAD / NIN? Biffy Clyro being there at all this year?

i'm not opposed to there being more heavy bands there, but the Other Stage looking like a day at the Main Stage at Download? no thanks. and a lot of that lineup looks even more boring than the usual Glastonbury lineup, especially the Pyramid. it's Glastonbury, not Reading and Leeds

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well TBH the positivity of QOTSA's booking and the fact that it was a succes does make me think that Glastonbury needs to book more bands like that. People were very interested by the only heavier band as well as Pendulum, who of which drew a massive crowd, in what was a difficult slot to pull off.

Perhaps not on Evanesence (my fault) but totally agree with acts of QOTSA's stature.

Well TBH the positivity of QOTSA's booking and the fact that it was a succes does make me think that Glastonbury needs to book more bands like that. People were very interested by the only heavier band as well as Pendulum, who of which drew a massive crowd, in what was a difficult slot to pull off.

Perhaps not on Evanesence (my fault) but totally agree with acts of QOTSA's stature.

And Deftones into SOAD can't be as bad as Pendulum into Beyonce? the Other Stage usually is a bit heavier, looking like the "heavier day" at Leeds... looking at the past few years and that line up it fits in quite well and could see something along them lines... YM@6 are not "heavy" far too poppy for them to be a creditable heavy band

the Other Stage usually does take the best bits of the Reading / Leeds Main Stage mixed with some other stuff, but you'd never get two bands as heavy as Deftones and SOAD / NIN following each other on a Glastonbury line up, especially so high up, or a band as shit as You Me At Six clogging up a decent spot

QOTSA weren't the first heavy band, and they won't be the last. Glastonbury has the most diverse booking policy of any major festival. Nobody objects to heavy bands, they've played for years and years, heavier bands than most other fests, and they play throughout the lineup but the reason the lineup works is because changes aren't made for them. There's no special day or effort made for them and rightly so.

They are just like every act, and there's no reason to go out and make a special effort for them, because they are heavy. Let them slot in naturally.

I love metal and all that goes with it. Been to Wacken Open Air (biggest metal fest in the world, I think) the last 3 years Not such a fan of some of the more recent poppy output a la you me at 6, but the good bands that are still around from the 90's and early 00's I still love, with some more of the heavy Cannibal Corpse/Gojira type stuff.

QotSA were fantastic last year. One of my favourite bands playing my favourite festival. Glasto will be aware of the success of that booking. However, That doesn't mean the Sunday on the Other stage is gonna become the mainstream metal corner.

willutalk, I am talking to you. You never seem to read through previous posts i.e. predicting Sigur Ros when they've got a show the same day, and post exactly the same thing each time, just with a slightly different order to your words.

Deftones, SOAD, RATM, BMTH..... SOAD, BMTH, Deftones, Shikari. blah blah blah blah.

It's getting very boring.

In light of QotSA's success, glasto are going to do the only thing they can do in this situation.

BOOK THE SMASHING FUCKING PUMPKINS (if we all believe people.....) AND NOT SYSTEM OF A DOWN.

For someone who claims to have been since '97 you seem to understand the line ups very poorly.

Glastonbury will always be Glastonbury. A prediminantly indie/pop/oldish/electro based line-up for a festival with a terrific atmosphere. I totally understand that. I have been to Glastonbury every year since birth (1997), but I think the line-up is actually turning a little boring. Turning the one or two heavier bands on higher stages into 3 or 4 or even 5 is whats needed.

FRIDAY

PYRAMID:

Arctic Monkeys

Biffy Clyro

Noel Gallagher High Flying Birds

OTHER:

Sigur Ros

JP TENT:

Foals

SATURDAY

PYRAMID:

The Rolling Stones

Florence and The Machine

Franz Ferdinand

The Vaccines

Frank Turner

OTHER:

The Prodigy

Hot Chip

Enter Shikari

JP TENT:

My Bloody Valentine

SUNDAY

PYRAMID:

Lady Gaga

Chase and Status

Labyrinth

Jack White

OTHER:

System Of A Down or Nine Inch Nails

Deftones

You Me At Six

JP TENT:

Professor Green

This is the type of Glastonbury line-up the festival needs

Glastonbury will always be Glastonbury. A prediminantly indie/pop/oldish/electro based line-up for a festival with a terrific atmosphere. I totally understand that. I have been to Glastonbury every year since birth (1997), but I think the line-up is actually turning a little boring. Turning the one or two heavier bands on higher stages into 3 or 4 or even 5 is whats needed.

FRIDAY

PYRAMID:

Arctic Monkeys

Biffy Clyro

Noel Gallagher High Flying Birds

OTHER:

Sigur Ros

JP TENT:

Foals

SATURDAY

PYRAMID:

The Rolling Stones

Florence and The Machine

Franz Ferdinand

The Vaccines

Frank Turner

OTHER:

The Prodigy

Hot Chip

Enter Shikari

JP TENT:

My Bloody Valentine

SUNDAY

PYRAMID:

Lady Gaga

Chase and Status

Labyrinth

Jack White

OTHER:

System Of A Down or Nine Inch Nails

Deftones

You Me At Six

JP TENT:

Professor Green

This is the type of Glastonbury line-up the festival needs

In an attempt to get this thread back on tracks.. A$AP Rocky's in Scandanavia in mid-June doing some festivals. Is the "hip-hop slot" a thing now? Or is it just coincidence that Wu-Tang and Snoop played around the same time in consecutive years? I think he might be a bit too new/crass/"offensive" for the Pyramid but I'd love to see him high up in a tent.