Festival Republic Stage

Guest Tolnai Soma

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point of BCR was to allow them to play songs that weren't 'Blink-friendly', so they weren't quite the same. They're pretty similar to Angels & Airwaves though I think, so I guess that would make them redundant. Would be nice to hear their songs played though. Same goes for +44 actually, they had a few songs I'd love to see played live.

Edited by Hart Attack

Pretty much, the problem was that Mark thought it was crap and wanted nothing to do with it and afterwards Blink broke up and Travis decided to join Mark with +44 and most of their 2nd album stuff for Box Car Racer went into Angel & Airwaves 1st album so with AVA pretty much being Box Car Racer it's redundant now.

Tbh fuck Box Car Racer, fuck Blink, fuck Barker's solo stuff, fuck Angel & Airwaves and fuck +44. I'd rather have Transplants back.

Pretty much, the problem was that Mark thought it was crap and wanted nothing to do with it and afterwards Blink broke up and Travis decided to join Mark with +44 and most of their 2nd album stuff for Box Car Racer went into Angel & Airwaves 1st album so with AVA pretty much being Box Car Racer it's redundant now.

Tbh fuck Box Car Racer, fuck Blink, fuck Barker's solo stuff, fuck Angel & Airwaves and fuck +44. I'd rather have Transplants back.

It's an annoying style of music that simultaneously tries to exploit the remnants of a supposedly anarchic, anti-establishment working-class genre by making a bland mainstream imitation that's acceptable to the middle-classes while still being 'edgy' enough to appeal to whiny "disillusioned" youths that want to pretend to rebel or people desperately trying to cling onto their youth via nostalgia.

I don't even like real punk that much, but pop-punk combines everything that's wrong with 2 annoying forms of music without having any of the good aspects of either. The lyrics are cheesy, the riffs are near-identical, the sound is overproduced and the passion is fake.

There are genres I don't like that don't bother me, and I can ignore, but pop-punk bands take up valuable slots at festivals that could go to interesting, talented bands. The "punk" link somehow validates the music to suggest it's something better than other boybands with guitars like McFly and Busted. Hell, if the genre, the bands and its fans accepted what it is rather than pretend it's somehow "alternative" I wouldn't give a damn, even if they still infiltrated rock festivals, but it's the pretence that somehow, pop-punk is something of equivalent worth to other rock sub-genres. It's not, and unless it evolves into something new, it never will be.

Thankfully. Look at the clamour here for Green Day though, that Blink and their various spin-offs have been commanding high slots. There's still far far too much demand for such w*nk.

It's an annoying style of music that simultaneously tries to exploit the remnants of a supposedly anarchic, anti-establishment working-class genre by making a bland mainstream imitation that's acceptable to the middle-classes while still being 'edgy' enough to appeal to whiny "disillusioned" youths that want to pretend to rebel or people desperately trying to cling onto their youth via nostalgia.

I don't even like real punk that much, but pop-punk combines everything that's wrong with 2 annoying forms of music without having any of the good aspects of either. The lyrics are cheesy, the riffs are near-identical, the sound is overproduced and the passion is fake.

There are genres I don't like that don't bother me, and I can ignore, but pop-punk bands take up valuable slots at festivals that could go to interesting, talented bands. The "punk" link somehow validates the music to suggest it's something better than other boybands with guitars like McFly and Busted. Hell, if the genre, the bands and its fans accepted what it is rather than pretend it's somehow "alternative" I wouldn't give a damn, even if they still infiltrated rock festivals, but it's the pretence that somehow, pop-punk is something of equivalent worth to other rock sub-genres. It's not, and unless it evolves into something new, it never will be.

Thankfully. Look at the clamour here for Green Day though, that Blink and their various spin-offs have been commanding high slots. There's still far far too much demand for such w*nk.

Edited by kev1664

Maybe punk pop is mostly about just having fun, a concept you obviously seem to struggle with. And Green Day have been going for 25 years now, that's a hell of a long time to be running on 'fake passion'.

Fair enough, you don't like it, each to their own. But attacking it and it's fans in such a way just makes you seem like a bit of a cock.