Green Day UK tour?

Guest Hart Attack

Bloc party play rock en siene on the Friday, GD play it Sunday. So if there is some sort of BP at leeds, GD at reading they'd most likely either both play on the Saturday at the respective fest, or GD play the cure day reading BP play the cure day Leeds. However I realise how slim the chances of this are, but if they did do it I can see them both headlining next year

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope not, Green Day's new stuff isn't good. Oh love I thought was rubbish but it's okay compared to kill the dj and Bloc Party's new album as much as I don't want to admit it isn't good. Though, I didn't think intimacy was great either.

It would defo spell the end of my going for me, they'd have to announce something great as the 3rd but I do see if this happens at least Green Day heading next year, but I think Bloc Party subbing them is a more realistic thing than heading themselves.

Biffy

Dizzee Rascal

Blur

Mumford & Sons

Green Day

Bloc Party

it all fits in my opinion.

Gah that would actually be fairly mediocre. Biffy were good heading soni last year and support foo fighters but it didnt exactly set my life on fire.

Dizzy is fine, funny subbing chilis in knebworth, but again uneeded.

GD/BP dont quite go enough. GDs new stuff sucks. But its still a viable choice. Sub wud have to be going slightly

More 'punk rock'.. lol

Blur, yes. Works well. But m&sons, well boring to me.

That lineup, for me is like 09. And would need a heavy nme one day and a great day lining before green day.

Doubt it would stop me going, just not as appealing.

Been since '05 and itd take a really terrible lineup for me to stop.

But something like gorillaz or god forbid daft punk stuck in there. Hate the killers are at v and we got the cure tbh.

But yeah sorry rambled off thatsmore suited to the 2013 thread lol

When the Kaiser Chiefs played the secret set in the Festival Republic Stage at Leeds during their height of popularity, they stuck metal barriers

and stewards to control the crowd and did not

allow anyone else in once it reached capacity.

No reason why they couldn't do this again.

Good to know I'm not alone. I'm not a huge Bloc Party fan, but I wouldn't give a shit if Green Day played.

Regarding Richie's point, secret sets wouldn't cost a huge amount and would be largely a publicity thing for both band and fest. They're pretty rare though, and I suspect wouldn't ever happen if they're properly predicted.

Good to know I'm not alone. I'm not a huge Bloc Party fan, but I wouldn't give a shit if Green Day played.

Regarding Richie's point, secret sets wouldn't cost a huge amount and would be largely a publicity thing for both band and fest. They're pretty rare though, and I suspect wouldn't ever happen if they're properly predicted.