Festival Number 6 - Portmeirion, Wales

Kowalski

20 minutes ago, robskyd said:

£200? It's that just for a campervan pitch!I

I think this is an OK first announcement. I like Hot Chip, Noel will blast out Oasis songs and in all my time I've never seen Echo and the Bunnymen. 

Having been to Haçienda Classical last week I'm really (and I mean REALLY) looking forward to Manchester Camatara's reworking of Bowie. Especially if its after dark in the village. 

Campervan pitch sounds expensive but it takes away the hassle of the buses and space is at a premium.

Worth noting that for the last two years at least, the majority of the acts in the first announcement, outside of headline acts, didn't get big slots. Bigger names came out in the next two announcements, and then even more after. Including two singular announcements which caught people by surprise.

The arts and culture lineup still to come out too. Although by the looks of things, they've announced at least a couple of bigger acts in that announcement. Most of them just seem like the usual village/tent opening newer acts though.

EDIT: They probably should add at least half of the good undercard to these announcements. Unless they're relying on the headliners to be the main seller at this point. And with Noel Gallagher in a 10k festival, it's not THAT bad an idea I suppose.

Edited by DomDom1984

Yeah I don't really think it's about the money as I'm sure he could find an easier way to make that cash without doing so many shows all around the UK. I do think there's a bigger sense of him wanting to headline all these smaller do's.

Lineup seems fine by the way though I was a little surprised by Bastille. Doesn't have my interest but it seems strong enough

I have seen Echo any the bunnymen supporting James two years ago and they were truly excellent. I have also seen Bastille and although their music is Killers lite they do put on an excellent live show. I have been to 50+ festivals and never seen a classical ensemble so the Bowie thing should be interesting.

I about to check out the other bands but any advise would be appreciated as good in the studio does not mean good live.

I have been to all 4 Festival no6's so if you need advice I am happy to help

15 minutes ago, Green.flash said:

Do the dance areas go on late? Is there stuff through the night? 

Fancied this festival since it started and got tickets this year to save the Glastonbury resale stress. 

If the weather's good this place is better than Glastonbury although the dancey stuff finishes around 3am Fri & Sat and 1am on the Sunday, tonnes of daytime dancey stuff though in the woods

Thanks, sounds good. 

Dunno much of the line up so will have to do a bit of research. Hot Chip, Django Django and Weatherall will be top of my to-see list so far.

From the earlier posts though it looks like there's plenty more names to come and the quirky and arty stuff looks great. Will be a different festival experience for us cos we've always gone for the bigger capacity festivals. 

1 hour ago, Green.flash said:

Thanks, sounds good. 

Dunno much of the line up so will have to do a bit of research. Hot Chip, Django Django and Weatherall will be top of my to-see list so far.

From the earlier posts though it looks like there's plenty more names to come and the quirky and arty stuff looks great. Will be a different festival experience for us cos we've always gone for the bigger capacity festivals. 

best part of this festival is all the stuff going on in the village and the woods so I prefer the lineup to not be that great with just 2 or 3 things I want to see.

• 2 weeks later...