• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

Not initially there wasn't, up until Christmas it was pretty much third or fourth. When it became clear what slots they were playing at European festivals people started to predict them as subs but yeah after that there were still some arguments, until Neil got the info that they were subbing a couple of weeks before the announcement.

I still only see SOAD as headliners. Have headlined all over Europe since being back, playing long setlists of around 25 songs. Have only played once since being back

People still seem to be thinking that they can still get a lineup as strong as 08 or 09

If it was:

Sabbath and SOAD

Biffy and Mumfords

Eminem and The Prodigy

That would be excellent, but considering the strength of the lineups in the last couple of years i just don't see something as strong as that happening

Lots of people refused to believe MCR would headline. I also remember people saying Blink weren't big enough to headline for a while when they were first rumoured for 2010

Edited by DL50

People go on about their being such a small pool of recycled headliners, then as soon as a band is brought up the same comments come out, too small, not big enough, don't fit we'll with youth, don't fit into the demographic of the festival, couldn't sell out festival xyz.

Then you get people who have convinced themselves so much that the band are not big enough to headline that they start dropping them sown to sub headline and coming up with alternatives to fit above them.

MCR are too small, green day must be playing above them, Arcade Fire are too small the libertines must be playing above them. Blink are too small, green day must be playing above them.

Why can't we accept that some bands are big enough to headline in their own right, weak or strong, yes R&L may have managed to miraculously convince them to take a lower spot. It does not detract from the case that they are big enough?

SOAD fans worse than Radiohead fans?! :P I see them kind of like the prodigy in the middle, where they are a great/strong sub act to have in a line up but a weak headliner that could pull it off, especially at Reading. (Don't forgot, alot of the European festivals are all slightly heavier than Reading even if they are not quite Download.)

I think they only headlined Coachella as Sabbath pulled out (or something like that) but yeah they headlined Rock En Seine and possibly a couple of other European festivals although I remember reading on some Rock En Seine site that they were considered pretty weak headliners. It will be interesting to see if SOAD headline any major European festivals or just the lower level ones that The Black Keys did.