"Secularism is a religion...Atheism is a religion"

Guest Kyelo

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check some of the comments on this beeb link about making marriage legal for all...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17162442

I just don't get it, if the church does not want gay people to marry just don't let them do it in the church. What is the problem letting them marry elsewhere if they like?

Edited by feral chile

There is no legal difference from what I know between marriage and a civil partnership....

I understood totally the fight to get those same legal rights for gay couples. Now I am not really bothered if its called a marriage or a civil partnership but I think a lot of the people calling for this are looking for a fight that doesn't need to be fought.

There is no legal difference from what I know between marriage and a civil partnership....

I understood totally the fight to get those same legal rights for gay couples. Now I am not really bothered if its called a marriage or a civil partnership but I think a lot of the people calling for this are looking for a fight that doesn't need to be fought.

I wouldn't really argue against it being different, as I said I don't really care what it is called, I view them as being married in my head... I just feel people are spoiling for unnescary fights all over the place these days. The noble fight was to win the legal rights... This isn't a noble fight in my eyes. Its more about getting shirty with people...

Its just a book of stories / opinions / ideas and a warped mass of misinterpretation of centuries old texts...

To think that someone's faith centres around every word in the Bible is insane... and / or anyone doing that is insane...

How does one reconcile the line of not judging others with this concept that its ok to kill gay people ? Clearly there is stuff someone reading the bible needs to work through... Like any such book...

Its just a book of stories / opinions / ideas and a warped mass of misinterpretation of centuries old texts...

To think that someone's faith centres around every word in the Bible is insane... and / or anyone doing that is insane...

How does one reconcile the line of not judging others with this concept that its ok to kill gay people ? Clearly there is stuff someone reading the bible needs to work through... Like any such book...

the thing is, what else has ANYONE got to go on for the whole basis of their god belief? :lol:

If you dismiss some, why can't you dismiss it all? It's all the same thing, and it's the only reason why anyone believes in god.