The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

Go Nicola!

Isn't it great to have a honest politician who says what she thinks and does what she says?

She did, about 2M of them :P

I actually feel sorry for Jim Murphy.

It's not glee, it's horror at the two-faced-ness of Sturgeon and the blindness of her faithful.

Oh Neil :(

Just catching up on yesterday. Post after post, page after page of attacks on Nicola Sturgeon. The woman who ( according to the polls ) currently represents the voice of the majority of working class Scots. A lady inspired to get into politics by the likes of Thatcher who is winning support across the UK for the policies she believes in......well apart from one ;)

Trust me, there are many many more people who deserve your sympathy more than Murphy. A man you continue to defend even though you know fine well what he believes in and what he represents.

" horror " at the " blindness of her faithful :O

A NEW poll has shown unprecedented levels of support for Nicola Sturgeon across Great Britain.

The exclusive TNS snapshop for The Herald of almost 1200 adults shows that among men and women, across all age groups and in every nation and region covering Scotland, England and Wales, the First Minister now has the highest net approval rating.

Following the televised General Election debates, the SNP leader's profile was raised north and south of the Border with many believing Ms Sturgeon was the winner not just in the seven-cornered leaders' debate and the challengers' debate but in the Scottish leaders' debates too.

Her admirers described her as the most powerful woman in UK politics while her detractors dubbed her the most dangerous.

The poll, conducted during the middle of this month, shows that across Britain Ms Sturgeon has the highest net approval rating of +33; a record for TNS. She is followed by Ukip's Nigel Farage on +12, Conservative leader David Cameron on +7, Labour leader Ed Miliband on -8 and Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg on -22.

Among men, she has the highest net rating of +32 and among women of +35. Similarly, she tops ratings across every different age group from +17 among 18 to 24-year-olds to +43 among over 65s.

In every part of Britain,the First Minister is also top of the polling from +30 in north-east England to +38 in Wales and the West Country and +33 in Greater London.

In Scotland, she is the only leader to have a positive rating; +55. Mr Miliband polled -2, Mr Cameron - 7, Mr Farage - 15 and Mr Clegg - 34

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/politics/wider-political-news/poll-shows-sturgeon-is-now-the-most-popular-politician-across-britain.124601616

Just catching up on yesterday. Post after post, page after page of attacks on Nicola Sturgeon. The woman who ( according to the polls ) currently represents the voice of the majority of working class Scots. A lady inspired to get into politics by the likes of Thatcher who is winning support across the UK for the policies she believes in......well apart from one ;)

Not "attacks", just statements of what she's all about, including her own non-statement of objection about the Scottish Office faking the content of a memo. Might that be because that memo is accurately recorded and she knows it is?

"The woman who ( according to the polls ) currently represents the voice of the majority of working class Scots" - like it means something special, and nothing that's the same as when someone says "Cameron who represents the largest block of the English". :lol:

Morons will vote as morons do. It doesn't work differently in Scotland you know, you don't have any sorts of unique brains - tho don't let that stop you claiming Scottish exceptionalism yet again, cos without it you know you have nothing.

Nicola's winning no support for indie across the UK (apart from in the "fuck off and good riddance" sense), so you're wrong. :rolleyes: ... and the rest is just about the Labour Manifesto; the SNP had to delay their own to wait for Labour to publish theirs so they could copy it.

Trust me, there are many many more people who deserve your sympathy more than Murphy. A man you continue to defend even though you know fine well what he believes in and what he represents.

I've not defended a single thing he's said, but don't let that stop you from making it up. You have nothing if you're not making it up.

You know, like when you made up Murphy's wrong that was a principled stand when done by the SNP. :lol:

If you're not blind and stupidly faithful, you'll be able to tell me where the missing £8Bn is coming from for FFA.

<and then there was only deafening silence>

Edited by eFestivals

The exclusive TNS snapshop for The Herald of almost 1200 adults shows that among men and women, across all age groups and in every nation and region covering Scotland, England and Wales, the First Minister now has the highest net approval rating.

Nick Clegg, 2010. Saviour of the UK. :lol:

"I agree with Nick" being a prick.

Edited by eFestivals

She'd denied it was said explicitly. She's not denied that she inferred it.

I don't 'detest' her. :rolleyes: .... as far as it goes, i'd perhaps vote for her - if she wasn't a splitter.:

I'm simply pointing out the stuff you won't face up to, that's not something to brush off in the way you do.

.@simon_telegraph your story is categorically, 100%, untrue...which I'd have told you if you'd asked me at any point today

Some interesting points here for those of you who profess to care for the union.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/04/labours-demise-in-scotland-is-a-problem-for-the-tories-too-they-just-dont-know-it-yet/

This man is no Snipper, was a consistent supporter of the No campaign, so clearly, I am not going to agree with everything he says, but he makes some telling points about the high stakes being played with at present.

Morons will vote as morons do. It doesn't work differently in Scotland you know, you don't have any sorts of unique brains - tho don't let that stop you claiming Scottish exceptionalism yet again, cos without it you know you have nothing.

Nicola's winning no support for indie across the UK (apart from in the "fuck off and good riddance" sense), so you're wrong. :rolleyes:

As moronic as I`m being here, I thought it was worth pointing out where you are going wrong here. You quoted my post as above but I was too subtle for you. The " well apart from one " policy that I mentioned was of course Indy. So in fact we agree although in your mind i am wrong ( rolls eyes ) :)

As I said, away from Indy there is plenty of evidence out there that she is winning support across the UK. You are entitled not to like her but plenty of people across the empire disagree with you. They also appear to be disagreeing with you on Murph :)

Yes the same happened with nick clegg in 2010.

where is he now?

oh, -22.

A small turd floats to the top in every election.

Wrong thread I know but your obviously talking about the 2010 GE here Russ. So, if we leave Indy to one side, what leads you to say that Nicola Sturgeon is a small turd ? I agree she is quite small but the turd bit.

There is no referendum in her manifesto so what is it that you don`t like about her campaign / policies ? Is it her conduct or what she believes in ? The majority of working class Scots seem to be behind her, she has offered an alternative to the " big 2 " and her party work well in Scotland with the Greens. Long way to go but as things stand she CAN lock Dave out sparing us 5 more years of the Tories.

Whats not to like ? Fair enough if Ed can get himself over the line but it doesn`t look like he can.

Whats not to like ?

The desire to split the union apart.

Blaming woes on the English.

The unfunded plans that continue to burden extra debt upon all.

The double-standards regarding what Labour candidates can do and what SNP/Green/PC can.

The dismissal of members for saying they wouldn't vote for a policy the party has explicitly campaigned against if asked to by the whips.

This isn't to say the SNP are particularly worse than most political parties, they aren't, but they definitely aren't better.

What has Sturgeon NOT complained about LJS? :rolleyes:

She's never disputed anything about how the memo came to be recorded how it was. She';s not complained about it at all.

She's only complained about the memo getting leaked.

I give up. Telegraph headlines that she wants Cameron as 3pm. She says it is 100% untrue.

You interpret that however you wish. It seems pretty clear to me. But like I say, it's old news, let's move on.

So anyway.... Murdoch....

Duplicitousness isn't free.

for The Sun you give Murdoch 40p

and you join the SNP for a fee.

Yes, snippers, Murodoch only ever backs a winner, I know, I know.

But you're forgetting about the part where he only backs someone who's in his pocket.

You know, people like his man Salmond, who lied to the Scottish people about how far his head is up Murdoch's arse.

Salmond, the man who lobbied Westminster ministers on behalf of Murdoch.

Salmond, the man who backed Murdoch's Sky takeover just as the tories did.

Who's a member of the SNP, the party that's so much more left wing than Labour that left-wing hating Murdoch backs it.

The SNP, the party without any policy to stop media dominance, and the party opposed to Leveson.

In fact so slimy, the anti-Leveson Private Eye rips the piss out of the SNP for the bullshit they spout around Murdoch while recognising Labour's principled stand.

That's the SNP backing the same Murdoch who has Thatcher as a hero, who had that bloke called Blair who's so popular in Scotland on the same string as Alex is on and where Sturgeon takes and *identical* line, and the same Murdoch who was into Downing Street to give Chicken Dave his orders because Chicken Dave had appointed any ministers.

Yeah, yeah, there's a million weak comebacks at the ready from you snippers, there's nothing you'll say I've not seen already - the myth factory had to have a night shift especially.

But you can never get away from....

If Murdoch is on your side, you're on the wrong side.

Edited by eFestivals

I give up. Telegraph headlines that she wants Cameron as 3pm. She says it is 100% untrue.

You interpret that however you wish. It seems pretty clear to me. But like I say, it's old news, let's move on.

No, she says that the words quoted aren't anything she said. :rolleyes:

Like she says the SNP aren't in Murdoch's pocket when the litany of Salmond's proven lies and SNP policy says otherwise.

Edited by eFestivals

So anyway.... Murdoch....

Duplicitousness isn't free.

for The Sun you give Murdoch 40p

and you join the SNP for a fee.

Yes, snippers, Murodoch only ever backs a winner, I know, I know.

But you're forgetting about the part where he only backs someone who's in his pocket.

You know, people like his man Salmond, who lied to the Scottish people about how far his head is up Murdoch's arse.

Salmond, the man who lobbied Westminster ministers on behalf of Murdoch.

Salmond, the man who backed Murdoch's Sky takeover just as the tories did.

Who's a member of the SNP, the party that's so much more left wing than Labour that left-wing hating Murdoch backs it.

The SNP, the party without any policy to stop media dominance, and the party opposed to Leveson.

In fact so slimy, the anti-Leveson Private Eye rips the piss out of the SNP for the bullshit they spout around Murdoch while recognising Labour's principled stand.

That's the SNP backing the same Murdoch whgo has Thatcher as a hero, who had that bloke called Blair who's so popular on the same string as Alex is on and where Sturgeon takes and *identical* line, and the same Murdoch who was into Downing Street to give Chicken Dave his orders because Chicken Dave had appointed any ministers.

Yeah, yeah, there's a million weak comebacks at the ready from you snippers, there's nothing you'll say I've not seen already - the myth factory had to have a night shift especially.

But you can never get away from....

If Murdoch is on your side, you're on the wrong side.

Nothing new to say I see Neil. Mind you, I'm sure you feel better after your wee rant.

Interestingly, the Scottish Sun appears to have more freedom from London than the Scottish Labour Party. :)

No, she says that the words quoted aren't anything she said. :rolleyes:

Like she says the SNP aren't in Murdoch's pocket when the litany of Salmond's proven lies and SNP policy says otherwise.

Zzzzzzzzzz

Nothing new to say I see Neil. Mind you, I'm sure you feel better after your wee rant.

Interestingly, the Scottish Sun appears to have more freedom from London than the Scottish Labour Party. :)

Priceless, you're saying the SSun is independent, when it's printing the word ofg Murdoch - the same word of Murdoch that Salmond spouts and Sturgeon supports.

What part of "the SNP are *FOR* Murdoch's dominance and *AGAINST* implementing Leveson" aren't you getting?

What part of the SNP in Murdoch's pocket is wrong, LJS? :lol:

It's in their manifesto!

Edited by eFestivals

Wrong thread I know but your obviously talking about the 2010 GE here Russ. So, if we leave Indy to one side, what leads you to say that Nicola Sturgeon is a small turd ? I agree she is quite small but the turd bit.

There is no referendum in her manifesto so what is it that you don`t like about her campaign / policies ? Is it her conduct or what she believes in ? The majority of working class Scots seem to be behind her, she has offered an alternative to the " big 2 " and her party work well in Scotland with the Greens. Long way to go but as things stand she CAN lock Dave out sparing us 5 more years of the Tories.

Whats not to like ? Fair enough if Ed can get himself over the line but it doesn`t look like he can.

I just dont like bare-faced liars.

Or its the best way to get the overall result they want? Can you really not see whats happening with Murdoch there?!

I see that Sturgeon has welcomed Murdoch's support.

If she was a principled left-ist she would have said "they can do what they like, but we don't welcome support from Murdoch".

But that would be a bit awkward for Nicola, cos she has to be nice to her Boss.

Lord Justice Leveson has criticised Alex Salmond for being willing to breach the Scottish ministerial code by lobbying on behalf of Rupert Murdoch, while clearing the first minister of any specific wrongdoing.
The judge said the first minister showed a "striking" willingness to lobby the UK government in favour of Murdoch's buyout of BSkyB, by giving "irrelevant" advice about Scottish jobs, at the same time as negotiating with the Sun newspaper to win its editorial supportin the Scottish elections.

The SNP - in favour of Murdoch retaining power.

When Murdoch's on your side, you're on the wrong side.

PS: I guess the myth factory is still trying to work it's magic on this one, because there's no snipper's response which stands up against the fact of Salmond proven as being in Murdoch's pocket, and the absence from their manifesto of having Leveson implemented.

Edited by eFestivals