The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

35 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Depends who takes up the mantle. Yousaf has basically thrown himself in front of the flak to protect Strugeon, so if she is charged, the current leadership of the SNP will be in the same sh*t she will be in. Even now, it looks dodgy, so theyll definitely lose some support

Alba are already a busted flush. If Kate Forbes takes over the SNP, theyll lose all the progressives. Wheres the leaders coming up?

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Depends who takes up the mantle. Yousaf has basically thrown himself in front of the flak to protect Strugeon, so if she is charged, the current leadership of the SNP will be in the same sh*t she will be in. Even now, it looks dodgy, so theyll definitely lose some support

Alba are already a busted flush. If Kate Forbes takes over the SNP, theyll lose all the progressives. Wheres the leaders coming up?

Alternatively, Sturgeon doesn't get charged. Yousaf stays on. SNP support recovers (at least partly) support for the greens grows. Kate Forbes stays on the croft and support for indy grows when offered the choice between the amoral Tories and a Labour party that is absolutely terrified to do anything vaguely radical in case they scare the Essex Men & red wall brexiteers.

Either scenario is possible.

On 6/14/2023 at 3:46 PM, zahidf said:

I think the report was insinuating that in short term SNP is definitely damaged, but the independence cause is not going away, especially with demographics...young people are more pro indy...will they become more pro-union as they get older, or will independence become inevitable? 

18 hours ago, Neil said:

Another spaffer/sturgeon similarity, quitting rather than face their errors.

Johnson quitas an mp. sturgeon has not quit as an MSP.

Johnson was being investigated by a pariamentary committee. Sturgeon has been questioned by the Polis. I am not sure we know if she is a suspect or a witness.

Not wildly similar really.

p s. Sturgeon has yet to launch a petulant, toys out the pram attack on the Police enquiry.

57 minutes ago, LJS said:

Johnson quitas an mp. sturgeon has not quit as an MSP.

Johnson was being investigated by a pariamentary committee. Sturgeon has been questioned by the Polis. I am not sure we know if she is a suspect or a witness.

Not wildly similar really.

p s. Sturgeon has yet to launch a petulant, toys out the pram attack on the Police enquiry.

waiting for sturgeon's new job for the national to be announced.

15 minutes ago, Neil said:

waiting for sturgeon's new job for the national to be announced.

I should imagine it's highly unlikely. But assuming she follows the rules, I don't see an issue with it.

Whatever your views on the National, it, at least vaguely, resembles a newspaper and is very clear and upfront about its views.

On 6/14/2023 at 5:31 PM, LJS said:

Alternatively, Sturgeon doesn't get charged. Yousaf stays on. SNP support recovers (at least partly) support for the greens grows. Kate Forbes stays on the croft and support for indy grows when offered the choice between the amoral Tories and a Labour party that is absolutely terrified to do anything vaguely radical in case they scare the Essex Men & red wall brexiteers.

Either scenario is possible.

The slight issue with that is the SNP is no more radical than labour!

• 3 weeks later...

I see the SNP have a new grievance policy (drugs) to champion in the hope of recovering some recently lost public support.

Maybe Scotland wouldn't be the worst in Europe if the SNP wasn't making things worse.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

I see the SNP have a new grievance policy (drugs) to champion in the hope of recovering some recently lost public support.

Maybe Scotland wouldn't be the worst in Europe if the SNP wasn't making things worse.

Thanks for your in depth analysis, Neil. You have clearly devoted a great deal of time and effort studying the situation in Scotland and no one could ever accuse you of a knee jerk "if it's the snp it must be bad" reaction.

39 minutes ago, LJS said:

Thanks for your in depth analysis, Neil. You have clearly devoted a great deal of time and effort studying the situation in Scotland and no one could ever accuse you of a knee jerk "if it's the snp it must be bad" reaction.

Objectively, the snp have failed dismally on this issue. No doubt you’ll claim otherwise but the facts are there for all to see 

13 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

This joke was never funny, certainly not in 2023 

its not meant to be funny its to poke fun at the Nats self invented sense ofvictimhood.

55 minutes ago, LJS said:

if the snp weren't robbing treatment services to support their pet project, fewer scots would be dying.

if the snp really care about drug deaths in scotland, they could suggest banning alcohol.

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

its not meant to be funny its to poke fun at the Nats self invented sense ofvictimhood.

Thanks for explaining that, Neil.

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

if the snp weren't robbing treatment services to support their pet project, fewer scots would be dying.

if the snp really care about drug deaths in scotland, they could suggest banning alcohol.

🙂

Cheers mate.

• 4 weeks later...

just heard an snp politician call a scottish labour politician"a starmer stooge", and i wondered when the last snp politician spoke out publicly against the the snp leadership - so by the snp's own thinking its a party of stooges.

55 minutes ago, Neil said:

just heard an snp politician call a scottish labour politician"a starmer stooge", and i wondered when the last snp politician spoke out publicly against the the snp leadership - so by the snp's own thinking its a party of stooges.

Check out Fergus Ewing, Neil.

• 2 weeks later...

i see the latest gers is out and showing an improvement with the defiicit ( mostly due to changes in devolution rules from a commentary i read earlier today). wonder what the nat's narrative is this time. normally saying the SNP are Westminster's bitches.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

i see the latest gers is out and showing an improvement with the defiicit ( mostly due to changes in devolution rules from a commentary i read earlier today). wonder what the nat's narrative is this time. normally saying the SNP are Westminster's bitches.

I would imagine the narrative will be the same as it has been for years.

A deficit when the purse strings are held by Westminster is not hugely significant.

And anything to get anyway from this increasingly toxic & hate fuelled government, and it's lily-livered and conviction-free opposition could hardly fail to be an improvement.

Love & peace.

4 hours ago, LJS said:

I would imagine the narrative will be the same as it has been for years.

A deficit when the purse strings are held by Westminster is not hugely significant.

head in the ground pretend its not happening.will be bloody significant if you get indy - pretending maths works differently under independence is as dumb as it gets.