NME/Radio 1 Headliners?

Guest beansontoastwithcheese

Any rumours? There's a few regarding main stage but not much news on the second stage as yet.

Personally I'd go for:

The Maccabees, Two Door Cinema Club (co-headline)

Placebo

Marilyn Manson

other possibilities i reckon have a chance:

The XX

The Darkness

Hot Chip

The Black Keys

The Vaccines

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Main stage always comes first as it's always easier to place predictions/rumours for main stage headliners, but even if you know a certain band is playing it's hard to say for sure if they're on the main stage or headlining the tent.

going to have a little stab at

The Maccabees/TDCC (maybe two door under or co-head as above)

Enter Shikari

Pixies (Not sure what other old style retro kinda indie band to put here)

Think that includes older band, and two very different style bands where the next move it nme, both played main last time they played, all 3 in fact going by headline/2nd or co-head.

I think TDCC have a good shout as they are headlining the NME tour, and they pulled a great crowd last year. Personally hope Lostprophets are on the Main stage, if they headline the NME they will probably cause a painfull clash.

Can't see Justice headlining, 2nd top would be my guess behind someone like Chase And Status. I hope they get a classic act like Suede, The Smashing Pumpkins or Pixies to headline as well to give the line up a bit of balance.

where's the big thing with noel from?

given the roses are at v, he'll be pushing i'd imagine every button to play under them and brcstar, yes we don't know how reliable he actually is but his info of stone roses and noel one day with coldplay and gaga another isn't too far fetched.

if noel did played R&L, i still think nme tent would be too big although i do think it'd carry his material off better, would have to be up against the foo fighters imo for that to happen though, i don't think there's another likely band mentioned that would take enough crowd away from making it another pendulum scenario.

it does also post that if they are the top two at v, where does FATM go? headlining channel 4 against roses is all i can see as if v offer her less than a sub/head ch4 i can see her at R&L?

my thoughts anyway.

but i agree tdcc, lostprophets and enter shikari are good options, neither except for maybe tdcc would sub. i think the subways could sub lostprophets or enter shikari too.

where's the big thing with noel from?

given the roses are at v, he'll be pushing i'd imagine every button to play under them and brcstar, yes we don't know how reliable he actually is but his info of stone roses and noel one day with coldplay and gaga another isn't too far fetched.

if noel did played R&L, i still think nme tent would be too big although i do think it'd carry his material off better, would have to be up against the foo fighters imo for that to happen though, i don't think there's another likely band mentioned that would take enough crowd away from making it another pendulum scenario.

it does also post that if they are the top two at v, where does FATM go? headlining channel 4 against roses is all i can see as if v offer her less than a sub/head ch4 i can see her at R&L?

my thoughts anyway.

but i agree tdcc, lostprophets and enter shikari are good options, neither except for maybe tdcc would sub. i think the subways could sub lostprophets or enter shikari too.