Download 2012 Official Rumour Thread

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenfield festival that is usually the same weekend as Download and shares a lot of acts has moved to the following week next year, they've announced The Doctors as their first headliner.

The thing is with this moving, it means theres a higher chance of acts appearing at Download, because usually theres Download, Nova Rock, Greenfield, Sonisphere Poland, Pinkpop.

One less festival means a greater chance of Download getting them that weekend as they'll have a gap in their schelude

Right Greenfield that I spoke about above has just announced Billy Talent, appears as headliner although it doesn't say that,

also announced Rise Against, In Flames, Zebrahead, Sepultura, Lagwagon, Darkest Hour and a bunch more

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.greenfieldfestival.ch%2F

Edited by luckysalt

Back in the day it used to be :

Festival : *ring, ring* Hello, would you like to play my festival?

Band : Yes, that would be an honor.

Now its :

Band : *ring, ring* We're decided to play 15 Festivals in Mainland Europe

Festival : Oh,....well come and play ours too then.

Fuck! what happened to writing a list of bands you wanted to play, and then going out and booking them.

Maybe then the line-ups wouldn't be so dull, and predictable.

Bands won't come over unless they get a string of dates together to make it worthwhile, I think its cus actual sales of albums are down cus of illegal downloading bands make most their money from touring and merch, so they have to try and get the most dates possible when they do these tours

Bands like Foo Fighters getting huge fees can pick and choose and play right throughout summer but other bands will pick a section of the summer June-mid July or Mid July-August and play as many dates as they can then fuck off back home.

It makes bookers like Andy's life much more difficult cus I bet he has to try and work with all other festivals during the booking process.

Bands won't come over unless they get a string of dates together to make it worthwhile, I think its cus actual sales of albums are down cus of illegal downloading bands make most their money from touring and merch, so they have to try and get the most dates possible when they do these tours

Big Announcement for RaR

first of all, Soundgarden IS NOT A HEADLINER - so it's getting more likely :)

second: TENACIOUS D - for me, 100% for Download :)

Full list for RaR:

As I Lay Dying

Billy Talent

Deichkind

Dick Brave & the Backbeats

Die Toten Hosen

Donots

Enter Shikari

Gossip

Guano Apes

Kasabian

Killswitch Engage

Lamb Of God

Lexy & K-Paul

Linkin Park

Machine Head

Marilyn Manson

Metallica

MIA.

Motörhead

Opeth

Skrillex

Soundgarden

Tenacious D

The Koletzkis

The Offspring

The Subways

Trivium

Really surely Soundgarden would have to play Download now? With the Pearl Jam dates throughout the rest of summer, wouldn't Soundgarden want to do a UK date? and them not headlining at Rock AM Ring makes it more plausable it will be at Download.

Also Tenacious D, they dont tour for ages surely being in Germany week before makes it likely for Download, last time they subbed Metallica at Reading, could they do it at Download, and Offspring to sub Prodigy perhaps?

Id be made up with all of that

historically I wouldn't have bet on Tenacious D doing a whole string of dates - they don't very often, filming schedules mean they quite often play only a handful of dates.

Conversely it looks like Black's film schedule is very light for next year - one film according to IMDB, and the D do have a new album to promote so could end up playing everywhere.

I would say that The Offspring are very likely for Sonisphere now, won't be playing Download after Copping said they were boring at Reading this year.

Billy Talent will almost defintely be at Download.

Tenacious D are a funny one, they could literally be anywhere, we just have to see what other dates they add, whether they are at the start of June or leaning towards July.

I can't see Soundgarden subbing at Download, first UK show back, they will want to headline, unless Copping as thrown mega money at them.

If they are all at Download, does it look like this -

The Prodigy

The Offspring

You Me At Six

Metallica

Tenacious D

Machine Head

Black Sabbath

Soundgarden

Trivium

and then Motley Crue, Billy Talent and Chase & Status/Skrillex headlining 2nd stage.

Edited by gazza_20

Big Announcement for RaR

first of all, Soundgarden IS NOT A HEADLINER - so it's getting more likely :)

second: TENACIOUS D - for me, 100% for Download :)

Full list for RaR:

As I Lay Dying

Billy Talent

Deichkind

Dick Brave & the Backbeats

Die Toten Hosen

Donots

Enter Shikari

Gossip

Guano Apes

Kasabian

Killswitch Engage