NFL

Ed209

11 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Fingers crossed that Sunday's games live up to expectations. This season has been a real stinker.

Really? I've quite enjoyed it.

I've changed my mind on the Packers Falcons game and am going for Atlanta to win - with Rodgers failing on a hail mary last play of the game.

On 20/01/2017 at 11:00 AM, mjsell said:

Really? I've quite enjoyed it.

Just seems to have been anti-climax after anti-climax.

7/8 playoff games have stunk the place out. The season was pretty much done before Week 17 so there was little drama then. The injuries to Carr and Mariota meant that the prospects of two of this seasons most interesting teams died a horrible death. The Patriots are still dominant. My own team had a massive stinker. The majority of the AFC played awful football. A lot of bad quarterback play across the NFL. No great defenses. Bad special teams play. Poor officiating far too often.

I'm sure there were some good bits. I'm just struggling to remember them!

This weekend sure does look tasty though.

Edited by Andeeroo

Shockers!

Really disappointed the Packers couldn't make a game of it last night. Was always going to be difficult keeping up with the Falcons with the Packs decimated defense but there really is very few excuses they can have for the missed opportunities on the offence. Crosby missing an easy enough kick on the first drive was only the tip of the fuck up ice berg...........

Will also be routing for the Falcons. They have a nice balance to them and Ryan is looking unplayable at the moment

10 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Is the Patriots d-line that good? Brady needs a few hits or they'll cruise to a win in the SB.

You mean the O-line?

I think they rank statistically in the top 10 in the league and have improved greatly as it was a massive weak spot last season. They're not one of the best though by any means. Would be interested to see if they've faced many great pass rushes this season.

Even if they can't get to Brady, Atlanta have the most well-equipped offense in the league so should be able to stand toe-to-toe in a shoot out.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

#cancelthepatriots #savefootball

I'm annoyed at myself for last night. At half time I uttered the words 'I hope the patriots at least make a game of this'. I take full responsibility. I'm sorry to all that had to watch them win again. 

Brilliant game to watch just hate the result!

Unreal how the Falcons effectively stopped playing in the 4th and did absolutely zip as Brady et al just went about doing what they had to do. The Falcons didnt even have to score in the 4th, all they needed was that one play at some point that stopped the PAts and they couldnt come up with it. The taking of the sack and the numerous penalties giving the Pats 1sts when they were on 3rd downs really showed that the lights got too bright for the Falcons as the prize became a closer and closer "reality".

I cant really imagine how anyone associated with the Falcons is feeling for the next while. A gut wrenching loss.

And now everyone else has to put up with the Pats fans and the fact Brady is the beast of all time and will most likely never be touched

49 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Brilliant game to watch just hate the result!

Unreal how the Falcons effectively stopped playing in the 4th and did absolutely zip as Brady et al just went about doing what they had to do. The Falcons didnt even have to score in the 4th, all they needed was that one play at some point that stopped the PAts and they couldnt come up with it. The taking of the sack and the numerous penalties giving the Pats 1sts when they were on 3rd downs really showed that the lights got too bright for the Falcons as the prize became a closer and closer "reality".

I cant really imagine how anyone associated with the Falcons is feeling for the next while. A gut wrenching loss.

And now everyone else has to put up with the Pats fans and the fact Brady is the beast of all time and will most likely never be touched

Yeah agree with all of this. I'm so gutted for the Falcons.

I guess the 4th quarter was really where having Brady, Belichick and half a roster that have all been there and done it once or multiple times before really came into it,

I still can't get my head around how the falcons didnt score even a field goal in the last quarter and a half, having torn Patriots a new one everytime they had the ball earlier in the game. I can understand how their D couldnt make a stop however, Brady somehow went from a rabbit in headlights to an unplayable machine - and when you look at time of possession (even in the first half) it clearly all started adding up late on.

I wasn't a fan of the OT - never have I felt that a match was decided so much on the toss of a coin before. I think if the Falcons had recieved first in OT it very well could have been a different story, a few first downs would have taking the sting out of that Pats offensive charge.

I get what you say about TOP and the Falcons D being pooped but still, all they had to do was stop 1 of those 2pt conversions, or not give away one of those 3rd down penalties, or make the play on Edelman as he made that unreal catch. One of those seemingly possible things happens (even when your D is knackered any of those can easily happen) and I say the Pats dont win that game. I am still amazed none of them happened!

• 6 months later...

So its that time of year again! Its got me singing an Andy Williams tune! :D

So Elliots 6 game ban is held up but he will now play week 1 versus the G-men? Head scratcher that!

Packers and Seahawks has to be the pick of the bunch this week. Could easily be a playoff match up in early 2018. If the Packers can shore up that secondary and keep Rodgers and that O line healthy they will be dangerous. Brother Bennett going head to head first game of the season and Lacys for NFL game not as a Packer will be in Lambeau.......interesting stuff.  

Pats will, as per usual, have a piss easy road to the playoffs with the Jets, Bills and Fins offering up no challenge whatsoever in the AFC East.........And then when you think the Raiders and the Steelers will supply probably the only real challenge to them in the AFC it looks as if they could walk into another Super Bowl! 

The NFC will hopefully offer up a lot more competition with the Pack, Hawks, Falcons and Cowboys being the big hitters (most likely).  

Cant wait for the action to start

(I see the Fins Buccs game has been postpone due to that Hurricane) 

• 3 weeks later...

What you're reactions so far after 3 weeks ?

So far I've been impressed by the Falcons, I think they can go all the way to Super Bowl again. 

Disappointed  by the Raiders, I expected much better from them this season.

Although they are not top tier teams the match between the LA Rams and SF 49ers was one of the most entertaining matches I've seen this season

33 minutes ago, A-Rob said:

What you're reactions so far after 3 weeks ?

So far I've been impressed by the Falcons, I think they can go all the way to Super Bowl again. 

Disappointed  by the Raiders, I expected much better from them this season.

Although they are not top tier teams the match between the LA Rams and SF 49ers was one of the most entertaining matches I've seen this season

Amazingly have been able to keep up with NFL so far since I've been in NZ. That will change in the coming weeks but watching their Sunday night football matches at midday Monday is a nice little treat. 

Specifically watching Redskins demolish Raiders was an utter treat for me, I had raiders down as one of my favourites for the season, so to see us perform like that makes me think we could have a decent playoff run this year. Kirk will probably throw 3 ints next week and bring me back down to earth. 

Falcons look good, chiefs look good, Pats will be there or thereabouts again of course but certainly look beatable. Packers look terrible but Rodgers looks his usual best so once the get some injuries back will be a force. 

All in all it's a wide open season, teams all look beatable. Plus the giants being 0-3 is wonderful

Edited by mjsell

• 3 weeks later...

Aaron Rogers potentially out for the reminder of the season with shoulder injury :(

Surely a lethal blow for the Packers who were perhaps contenders for the Super bowl as Rodgers was having an mvp season.

• 10 months later...

Have not read this thread since September 2017. Hit the "go to first unread post" button to be brought to @A-Rob 's second last post and my heart sank! I got chills and felt sick. I had, for just a split second, thought that Rodgers, only just after signing his extension, goes and gets a season ending injury!! Im still no over it................ Phew!

Cant wait for this season to get going. Pack start with the Bears on SNF. Probably the best time for the Bears to play em.

As always Ill be hoping Rodgers has a magic season to get the second ring he fully deserves, but will the supporting actors step up to the plate? AR with functioning TEs could be scary........If not it will be "Anyone but Brady" as per...........

It's almost back!

Absolutely stacked NFC this year. 

Saints, Rams, Vikings my picks from that side. 

AFC less so, which unfortunately means patriots will still be buzzing around like the parasite they are. Jags and Texans to go far though for me as well. 

What I'm most looking forward to is seeing all the new QBs, haven't had an influx like this in years - all with the possibility to take the league by storm. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Have not read this thread since September 2017. Hit the "go to first unread post" button to be brought to @A-Rob 's second last post and my heart sank! I got chills and felt sick. I had, for just a split second, thought that Rodgers, only just after signing his extension, goes and gets a season ending injury!! Im still no over it................ Phew!

Cant wait for this season to get going. Pack start with the Bears on SNF. Probably the best time for the Bears to play em.

As always Ill be hoping Rodgers has a magic season to get the second ring he fully deserves, but will the supporting actors step up to the plate? AR with functioning TEs could be scary........If not it will be "Anyone but Brady" as per...........

After the disappointment of the last year's due to the injury, I hope Rodgers bounce back and take the Packers deep in the playoffs. Even tough I still see the Vikings winning the NFC north.

Like @mjsell said, the NFC is stacked this year and should very interesting!