Shangri La / Arcadia queing...

Guest RedTaff

Just wondered what people's experiences were of the late-night queing system for Arcadia etc.

We only used it on the Sunday night and it seemed to work well enough. I don't remember stopping once. We just flowed nicely into Arcadia and it was all pretty easy from there...

I can't comment on how it worked on the other nights?

Any bad experiences? Or did it get a general thumbs-up?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't use it - we saw no headliners on Saturday and went over there early.

The queue was ridiculous on Thursday (we were just going for a wander) but they added a zig-zag after that I think.

And I swear people were queuing on Sunday before the system was in place as security wouldn't let them through early?!**

EDIT: ** - this is my interpretation of what was occurring! :)

Edited by rachmac

I think they should only have used the long route once it was full. On some nights we went straight in having walked the long route to get there, it seems a bit pointless. I think they should have kept the exit routes open until the place was full and once full, then made people use the long route. Just seems very long

On Thursday the signs said the area was completely shut, Friday and Saturday we left just before the end of the pyramid headliners and got straight in.

I Heard they closed the queue on saturday late on but on sunday some of our party went there (also no prob) but we just went up on the hill to chill.

On the whole From my own experience, a positive move over the railway line shuffle.

On the friday went to Arcadia early so missed the queue.

Saturday after the chems we had to use it. It was quite a crush in the beginning as you entered and went through the zig zag bit but in it only took 30mins max. Security where saying it would take 1hr 30m/2hr, lots of people turned round on hearing this and left causing more ball ache. They had closed Arcadia when i there so had to make a

Glad i stayed as i got to see Atomic Drop in Arcadia which was one of my festival highlights. And then Orbital.

It worked. As long as people don't act all impatient and start barging through. There is no perfect system to guide at least 50,000 pissed/f**ked/high on life people to the South East corner of the site. Arcadia is now the third biggest stage at the festival.

Its a simple choice between either Pyramid/Other headliner or go early and get in on the rail track. Simple

There is no perfect system to guide at least 50,000 pissed/f**ked/high on life people to the South East corner of the site. Arcadia is now the third biggest stage at the festival.

friday strait in longer queue for PGC to get out

sat massive queue. then a women telling all it was closed and to go back to you tents, over the speakers.

sun went early no problem

so if you want to get in go early or when it's pissing down.

Thursday went early doors so didnt use the one way system. Friday after U2 walked straight in. Saturday after Chems went up was absolute nightmare, couldnt even tell where the q started and the signs said 120 mins so came away again - wished i'd stuck it out by what has been said of the q afterwards. Sunday didn't bother.

I hate the idea of the new system. I never had any problems getting in and out last year. Only problem was in 2009 when it was rammed and when I wanted to leave Trash City and go back to my tent, they made me walk through all the other areas to leave.

It was a cock up. Didn't seem as well planned out as it should have been.

It forced people into holding pens and allowed for the ruder, less decent human beings, to run and push their way in front of people. The gates were easily navigated and changed (I saw loads of people just lifting the gate and walking though. I didn't actually mind the queuing, but I just wish they'd planned it better. That said I don't remember there being a problem last year, so i'm still confused as for the need to change it. I think they should split the late night areas or create more on the other side, as to split the crowd somewhat.

It was a cock up. Didn't seem as well planned out as it should have been.

It forced people into holding pens and allowed for the ruder, less decent human beings, to run and push their way in front of people. The gates were easily navigated and changed (I saw loads of people just lifting the gate and walking though. I didn't actually mind the queuing, but I just wish they'd planned it better. That said I don't remember there being a problem last year, so i'm still confused as for the need to change it. I think they should split the late night areas or create more on the other side, as to split the crowd somewhat.

I'm actually a bit annoyed at what the signs were saying on saturday night.

Our group (30 of us) gathered together after people had either watched Chemical Brothers, Coldplay or Flogging Molly with the intention of having one big campsite night out, by the time we'd met and got there it said 2 hr queue.

10 people or so said "f**k that" and went off to the dance village, another 5 or so went back to camp and another 15 of us propped up a bar till 3am, before heading off to the Stone Circle for a bit.

From what I heard, there was no 2 hr queue at all? So why were the signs saying this? Me and another mate are pretty big Orbital fans and were pretty pissed off to miss their set, even more so when we heard the queue wasn't a fraction as bad as what we were being told at the entrance to it. :angry:

On Thursday the signs said the area was completely shut, Friday and Saturday we left just before the end of the pyramid headliners and got straight in.

I Heard they closed the queue on saturday late on but on sunday some of our party went there (also no prob) but we just went up on the hill to chill.

On the whole From my own experience, a positive move over the railway line shuffle.

I guess the key to whether it was a success or not is not whether some people had to queue but whether there were any potentially-dangerous massive crushes or bottlenecks, like there were at the entrance to the Common from Bella's Field last year.

I haven't heard tell of any at all - ergo, it seems to have worked.

It was bad. I was camping at the crew camping at Undle and because of the night route, our lives were made difficult as well! It was a nightmare the first night, as we were told to go around cabaret, but they had closed the gates there... So we were lead around West Holts. And let me tell you, I was tired and grumpy by then already.

They definitely need to sort that one out because it just doesn't work.

It was bad. I was camping at the crew camping at Undle and because of the night route, our lives were made difficult as well! It was a nightmare the first night, as we were told to go around cabaret, but they had closed the gates there... So we were lead around West Holts. And let me tell you, I was tired and grumpy by then already.

They definitely need to sort that one out because it just doesn't work.