Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Bullet and have probably seen them about 10 times or more over the years, but they are not a headliner. Their sound doesn't carry outside, they still look like a little band in the middle of a massive stage. They would need an album with a gimmick that would bring a massive stage show to pull it off. Avenged Sevenfold had that with their last album and even though the album wasn't as good as their previous efforts, the gimmick allowed for the massive stage show and they really pulled off the sub headliner slot easily.

i'm inclined to agree with you there - but for most outdoor shows really only the headliners have the volume at full blast from what i can gather. they do need to work on their show and with time that should probably improve.

anyway soni are prepping an announcement by the looks of it cause this appeared on their facebook:

"

Sonisphere Festival

Our news resolution is to make an announcement (and some attempt at a detox), what is yours?"

apparently maiden have an announcement at 9pm tonight... possible? or just an album announcement..

Iron Maiden DO have an announcement at 9pm tonight but they said it is for ALL Maiden fans which suggests a new album rather than a headline slot at Soni, unless of course they announce multipul dates alongside it.

Anyway Soni twitter posted this

hal-400_normal.jpg

@Sonisphere Sonisphere

Back to work tomorrow, this was the last thing on my desk in 2011. http://twitpic.com/826900

TwitPic.pngTwitPic

50 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Maiden have already said it isn't a tour or DVD announcement, so won't be Soni related.

Definitely can't see Bowie playing either - but I would love it if it happened.

As for announcements, we wont get one today, as he says they aren't back in the office till tomorrow, so anytime after then I guess. Tomorrow is Van Halen's tour dates announcement. Lostprophets also have something to announce for 2012 by the end of the week.

Does Soni pay much for their headliners, eg as much as say Download or the well know sums R+L spunk. & are there issues with there being more than one Soni that would affect how much a headliner got? Sorry to go off on a tangent but just suddenly came to me.

It really just depends on the bands, and the competition for them. Although I imagine if they are booked across several Sonisphere's they may get a slightly better deal, also widens the appeal for the band, because the one promoter can book them for several events across Europe which saves them even more hassle.

it says first tickets on sale the 10th of jan, whether they announce them at the same time or before is a different matter. could be announced thursday as they have something on in new york that day

Edited by 5co77ie

Acccording to 'my sources' sonisphere wanted to make at least one announcement in December but have had a few problems reaching agreements with the headline acts. Hopefully an announcement will be made soon.

I still stand by my previous predictions of Rush, Van Halen and Kiss to play but at least one of these won't be headlining.

Acccording to 'my sources' sonisphere wanted to make at least one announcement in December but have had a few problems reaching agreements with the headline acts. Hopefully an announcement will be made soon.

I still stand by my previous predictions of Rush, Van Halen and Kiss to play but at least one of these won't be headlining.