Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are getting the wrong end of the stick with The Big 4, they weren't the 4 biggest metal bands they were the 4 bands that shaped the metal scene at the same time. Sum 41, Good Charlotte, Blink etc were a 2nd wave of punk in America that happened after Green Day, NoFX, Offspring etc made it big around 10 years before they emerged.

I think people are getting the wrong end of the stick with The Big 4, they weren't the 4 biggest metal bands they were the 4 bands that shaped the metal scene at the same time. Sum 41, Good Charlotte, Blink etc were a 2nd wave of punk in America that happened after Green Day, NoFX, Offspring etc made it big around 10 years before they emerged.

You know what if they went ahead with the whole big four punk day gimmick i'd buy a ticket just to support them for doing something different. Download was cool but the whole ethos of metal metal metal prodigy pendulum metal metal metal is bollocks in my book. A couple of ska acts like less than jake and bosstones, lower down the bill, sorted!

Here he is! lol. It wasn't in order Gaz but here would be my order because i know you like it that way (please note it's not the order of how much i like them but the order that i think they would appear).

Headline: Green Day

Sub: Blink 182

3rd: Offspring

4th: NoFx

5th: Sum 41 (guests not part of "big 4")

But i doubt that would ever happen. (ps Blink have been around since 92 so they weren't that far behind the others).