Park, spesh guests on friday...

Guest cejx

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am now f**ked off, I have to choose between Arctic Monkeys and Morrissey...... I never liked Pulp so it will be Elbow for me if Pulp play! But I literally cannot decide between Arctics and Morrissey, Arctics new album is brilliant and Morrissey is well...... Morrissey!

edit: that is IF the arctics play :P I forgot to add my name to the phone chain and refuse to take my internet phone to festivals so I will probably pop down to the park early on Friday and ask one of the tech guys or something, see if he tells me :P

Edited by mungo57

Part of me is still thinking that Kate Bush might do one of the slots, she'd never do it if it was advertised but might want to get out of the house.

I am basing this on a solid foundation of "well you don't know either".

See you there...

based on no evidence whatsoever apart from the shaky rationale of the type of band that tends to be special guest and who is about but quiet at the moment, I reckon it could be the Feeling on one or t'other. But then I also think Pulp could well be the other as it is a gaping hole in their 'lets to every ruddy festival that will throw a rusty halfpenny' approach to touring this summer.

But then I know feck all and those Eavii are slippery little suckers.

It's going to be David Gilmour & Waters. Oopps, my bad, just mistaken my own personal opinion with fact. Which is pretty much what this rumour thread is based on..

So if we are sticking with the premise above, it's going to be Beady Eye on the saturday. Not because I like them, i think they are quite terrible, but id just love to see Liam get booed off after he said he'd never go to Glastonbury again.

obviously this site does not like vi rtual festivals website posted on here, though i can definitely say i am not a desperate spammer ;)

until recently, url's to them weren't filtered. But recently, they've run ticket competitions where the winner of those tickets is the person who can spam the most about VF on other websites - and after a raft of spamming on this site due to the encouragement of VF's management for their competition entrants to spam on other websites, links to VF are now filtered.

To be fair to VF, after I'd complained about their spamming, they did ask their competition entrants to not spam here, but it's not a request that everyone has complied with.

It just doesnt make logical sense for Pyramid-headliner sized bands like Pulp to play unannounced on the Park field.

The festival has never "taken the complete piss" out of it's clientele before. This would be the limit I'm afraid.

It just doesnt make logical sense for Pyramid-headliner sized bands like Pulp to play unannounced on the Park field.

The festival has never "taken the complete piss" out of it's clientele before. This would be the limit I'm afraid.

Would you have any concerns about U2 playing the Park field?

"Nah Dave - no crowd control risks there at all! We're booking the Stones next year!"

;)

I think its a lose/lose situation. Pulp play, it is ram packed and they have to close down the field. Pulp don't play, The Feeling walk out, the buzz is ruined and the crowd & band feel cheated.

That just ain't Glasto I'm afraid. Soz.

Eh?? U2 are not playing the Park, so irrelevant! And the Arctics, Pulp and deffo the Feeling are not in any way the same league as U2. Similarly, they have to have reasonably large bands on at the same time, simply to spread the crowds!

Its always a lose lose situation with special guests - and bloody pointless if you ask me, but thats the way G (or EE) wants to play things, so people will be traipsing up to the Park on the off chance that the rumour is true - and if its not, invariably stopping (even if it is the Feeling) as they cannot be faffed to traipse back down again.

Would you have any concerns about U2 playing the Park field?

"Nah Dave - no crowd control risks there at all! We're booking the Stones next year!"

;)

I think its a lose/lose situation. Pulp play, it is ram packed and they have to close down the field. Pulp don't play, The Feeling walk out, the buzz is ruined and the crowd & band feel cheated.

That just ain't Glasto I'm afraid. Soz.

Edited by godders1966

I dunno if this has been mentioned - I'm still dozzy eyed after reading the weather thread - and can't be arsed to trawl through a back log, but I've been told that the Arctics are the surprise band playing the Park on the Friday. If this is common knowledge, then soz!