Glastonbury "Gay" Meet

Guest Joshuwarr

WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN' TO f**k WIT

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or the more obvious scenario is that people have (quite rightly) judged you as a w*nker for your pathetic comments and you are now backtracking faster than a rat up a drainpipe.

Either way, what you have posted here has confirmed my gut impression of you on here.

Twat

Is the latter part aimed at me?

Because either way no one is shoving it down your throat! Blimey, this really has turned sour. I thought everyone would be completely cool with it! All this has done is put me off going to any other efests meets, because I really dont want to encounter anyone with these kinds of attitudes. I wanted this thread to be full of people (LGBT or straight) offering their enthusiasm, but sadly many have probably been put off now.

Ah well, maybe 2013 eh guys and gals!

I have to declare an interest before posting. I'm an Old Git and I resent ageist comments. My elder daughter last year entered into a Civil Partnership and she and I resent anti-gay comments and jokes.

However, that said, there is a bit of a dilemma because Old Gits often make jokes about Old Gits and members of the LGBT community often tell/make gay jokes. So it's not actually the comments themselves but the spirit in which they are made that can be the issue.

As for having meets I think it's great to meet up with like minded people and share your interests. We are a very disparate bunch at Glasto but I would like to think generally fairly tolerant. However some of us have particular interests or enthusiasms (no smutty jokes please) - for example you might like to meet other U2 fans. Some people will be U2 haters. Well they needn't attend a U2 fan gathering. But let those who want to celebrate and share their common interests do so.

Did this ever happen? Was it successful? Because other than NYC Downlow (or w/e its called these days), theres very little for the LGBT to embrace as their own (and no, I dont mean without straights, you should embrace it too ;)).

Nah, not quick to judge..... just going by your posting history on here (from what I've seen over the past year or so) quite frankly you come across as an argumentative tosser who believes, above all else, that he is always 'right'.

Couldn't be more wrong. But if you think the attitudes of segragation and brutality that has on many occaisions been shown towards the gay community is something to jest about then you're an even bigger prick than I thought you were.

Ok peeps, I'm here!

In 2008 I did indeed attempt to organise a Gay Meet. It was met with eagerness from both LGBT folks and straight people who wished to meet up and have a good laugh. Indeed the original idea was to met fellow gay folks in a relaxed non-judgemental enviroment that Glastonbury is and who knows, maybe meet my future wife! The original idea was that I took people's mobile numbers and agreed to mass text everybody when we were all leaving the Horsemeat Disco to go up to Downlow.

The amount of homophobic abuse I got on here was ridiculous. People suggesting ginger/left handed/straight meets etc was common, just to take the piss. Some of these folks must have gotten hold of my number (which I agreed people could have so I could contact them and they would know it's me) and proceeded to send me abusive text messages at the festival. I got absolutely f**king sick of it and actually switched my phone off (it was a spare number on payg thankfully).

I tried again to set something up for 2009 but again the amount of abuse I got on here was ridiculous. I vowed never to try again. This is allowing the homophobes to win but to be honest I don't have the energy to argue about it. Homophobia is live and kicking in this country and indeed on this forum.

For those of you who are cracking jokes about gay meets you are pathetic and childish. I think it's sad that in this day and age people can get so nasty about people in minority groups wanting to embrace who they are after years of oppression.

To those of you who know me (Strudders and Lucy - mwah!) you will know how much effort I put into organising this last time and will understand that I have no interest in going down that road again, which I hope makes you happy Mr Funk.

To the OP - Please do not let the Mr Funk's of this world put you off meeting up with a few of us, I have made some brilliant friends on here, and I see them outside of festivals. Please come and meet up with us, I will buy you a beer at the cider bus, before we fook off to NYC Downlow for a boogie B)