In my Place

The Scientist

New song #1

Politik

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

New song #2

Viva la Vida

Fix You

New song #3 ("Walking Man" visuals on screen)

Lovers in Japan

New song #4

Lost!

Cemeteries of London

New song #5

Speed of Sound

New song #6

Every TearDrop Is A Waterfall

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ran that through my "interweb translatophon 2000" machine it came back with:

Doesn't look like a bad setlist (apart from 7 new songs, including new single) for the crowd that will be there. I would expect they'd trim it back at glasto but if not it's ideal, as everyone will just leave after Fix you to get to the naughty corner, apart from the people who are expecting J-Zed to appear onstage for Lost. Personally I would rather see an episode of lost, but that's just me ;)

Coldplay don't actually play Rock am Ring until tonight so I presume this is the set list from Rock im Park???

If anyone's interested you can watch the set (and quite a few others) here tonight. The full schedule of what they're streaming live can be found here. I watched a bit of Interpol last night but missed the others as I didn't find the site until late.

That's me decided on the Chems for definite now. Thanks for that listing. Dont feel quite so worried about the clash.

The scientist is in there, but for sure, replace 3 of those 7 new songs with Shiver, Trouble and Parachutes (best song they ever recorded) and I'd be there.

Exactly as I typed that line parachutes came onto my playlist through shuffle. There is a god. (his name is barry)

How certain is the setlist?

It seems quite random. I'm actually not a big fan of coldplay, but when I was creating my yearly glastonbury playlist, I was astonished with how many songs I knew and could sing along to. 7 new songs sounds like a nightmare (unless you're a true fan), and this also conflicts with the previous press reports claiming that they were going to do no new material. :unsure:

Edited by Glasto Mad

Based on their form? I'd say more likely a download only live/remix album of 6-8 songs a few weeks before the release of the new album as a gift to their fans. I'm randomly on the coldplay mailing list and they have been very generous in terms of free music over the years.

The only way a Glasto set with those songs on would work is if it was released in the next few days, then People would at least have an idea of the songs. Saying this, there's a few shows for them to get it right, and for Glasto with it being on BBC I reckon they will change it a bit (I.e not quite as many new ones)

Here it is

Intro (Back To The Future themetune)

Clocks

Yellow

In my Place

The Scientist

New song #1

Politik

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

New song #2

Viva la Vida

Fix You

New song #3 ("Walking Man" visuals on screen)

Lovers in Japan

New song #4

Lost!

Cemeteries of London

New song #5

Speed of Sound

New song #6

Every TearDrop Is A Waterfall