Quote to sum up your approach to this year's Glasto?

Guest Adam_Libertine

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tickets?? You have the tickets right? No - you've got the f**king tickets?? Shit - put them somewhere safe then!! Our approach usually starts off with a tense row!

It was like that in 2009 for us. Lost the tickets the night before we left. Looked all around the house frantically. Rang up my mum who was out with her friends to ask where they are- even though she wasn't in the house.

Turns out that they just slipped behind the radiator.

"All the golden land's ahead of you and all kinds of unforeseen events wait lurking to surprise you and make you glad you're alive to see!...Behind us lay everything we had previously known about life, and life on the road. We had finally found the magic land at the end of the road and we never dreamed the extent of the magic...Somewhere along the line I knew there'd be girls, visions, everything; somewhere along the line the pearl would be handed to me...Every now and then a clear harmonic cry gave new suggestions of a tune that would someday be the only tune in the world and would raise men's souls to joy...The air was soft, the stars so fine, the promise of every cobbled alley so great, that I thought I was in a dream...And for just a moment I had reached the point of ecstasy that I always wanted to reach"

(On the Road, Jack Kerouac...various quotes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xEtJt7pjj4

Also from On The Road:

'They danced down the streets like dingledodies, and I shambled after as I've been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!"

I also relentlessly listen to this track / watch this film in the run up:

"This is the most outrageous spectacle I have ever witnessed, ever"

**GOOSEPIMPLES EVERY TIME**

Edited by Mikkelbenno