Park Special Guests

Guest george424

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really cant see Jarvis and Hawley playing together without the rest of the band. I do think we may see Jarvis in the Dance village with Discodeine (if they play).

There will be Special Guests. Definitely.

I do believe that you are near the mark as regards to something like Jarvis and one other band member. Likewise maybe Brett Anderson and guitarist ect. This is far more likely than REM turning up. Thom an Johnny have set what i believe will become a benchmark for Special Guests at the Park. I think you'll see at least one solo/ duo from a band. Looking forward to finding out.....

it could be the strokes,theyve just been announced as playing in norway the week after glasto so will be in the nearby(ish) area. i know theyre exclusive headliners to R&L but if theyre a special guest then theyre not headlining so would be able to get round the exclusivity deal. Albert Hammond jr. also said theyd love to play so i can see them popping up as a special guest on the fri or the sat. fingers crossed anyway!

Edited by tom1989

I'm sceptical but this article is sort of interesting:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/mar/09/rem-collapse-into-now

They're not doing a big tour as it's exhausting, and they don't want to do the same thing they've done before. But they haven't ruled out live shows entirely. So an acoustic set might actually make sense.

Further evidence - as one commenter points out, Stipe now has an Eavis-style beard.