The Cribs

Guest Joe-

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely won't be Friday main, they don't fit the flow of the day at all. Besides, assuming they'd be no lower than fourth (the slot they had last year) they just don't fit there - there's no way they'd be above Offspring, and Deftones certainly shouldn't be any lower than they are.

Sunday makes the most sense - Muse rarely play two-hour sets from what I've heard, and Friendly Fires DEFINITELY shouldn't be as high as they are. Would bump Enter Shikari down too sadly, but then they were only sixth last time they played main, and haven't done anything since then to justify a higher position.

That would be a bit disappointing too though, I was hoping for someone else I like on Sunday...

The legendary slot isn't anything official. It has been the trend, but it could quite easily be changed to accomadate co-headliners I think. In fact I think thats actually quite likely, especially with Muse doing something experimental and different rather than a safer hits et al set.

The legendary slot isn't anything official. It has been the trend, but it could quite easily be changed to accomadate co-headliners I think. In fact I think thats actually quite likely, especially with Muse doing something experimental and different rather than a safer hits et al set.

Edited by harderfaster

This is really weird, definately didn't see this coming. Surely they would have been announced in the first lineup announcement. Won't be headlining NME i don't think, the Reading website has said Beady Eye, Jane's Addiction, 2MDJ's and Streets are all HEADLINING the NME stage. I guess the only realistic place they'd play would be above Friendly Fires, but as everyone has said if MUSE get that 2 hour slot then there wouldn't be any room for them. Maybe someone's pulled out of Sunday/ Saturday main, and Cribs are replacing, put 3rd/4th them, shifting everyone else below them down. Or maybe Beady Eye will pull out, with Cribs headlining NME? Would absolutely love them to be there, but looking at the lineup at the moment I just can't see where they'd go. Unless they played before Beady Eye?

The only place that seems possible is in-between The National & JEW but the strokes and pulp are both being advertised as headliners so I'd be surprised if they didn't both get the same amount of time. Which in thy case I'm clueless. Another great band added to the line up though, one of my favourite bands.

Edited by Buko

So maybe no bands will get the 2 hour slot, but The Strokes and Pulp will both get 90 minutes. With Pulp beginning their set at Reading around the same time QOTSA came on last year, and the same for The Strokes at Leeds?

If so, The Cribs could easily be placed between Friendly Fires and Interpol.

They've just been announced for Latitude so I'd hazard a guess that it's some kind of double-deal, something like "we'll only play Latitude if you give us a slot at R&L" or "if you let us play both we'll knock a bit off our what you normally pay".

I can't see them subbing Beady Eye unless they're desperate and that also means that White Lies would go down to third and I think they're bigger than that.

They've just been announced for Latitude so I'd hazard a guess that it's some kind of double-deal, something like "we'll only play Latitude if you give us a slot at R&L" or "if you let us play both we'll knock a bit off our what you normally pay".

I can't see them subbing Beady Eye unless they're desperate and that also means that White Lies would go down to third and I think they're bigger than that.

I don't see why they couldnt play before or after The National. Would be a very plausible booking. In my eyes I find 4th from top for Jimmy Eat World rather high. They were 5th in 2007 and havent gained popularity in the same way The Cribs have! Then again, are Friendly Fires on the Sunday really big enough for 4th?? Maybe stick em above them?

Either way, the important thing is that they're hopefully playing. THE best live band I've seen bar a very minimal select few.

Doesn't appear to be any space left for them on the main stage so all I can see is a secret set, either the same as Them Crooked Vultures did or a Leeds only one like Kaiser Chiefs did (seeing as they're from near there)

I don't see why they couldnt play before or after The National. Would be a very plausible booking. In my eyes I find 4th from top for Jimmy Eat World rather high. They were 5th in 2007 and havent gained popularity in the same way The Cribs have! Then again, are Friendly Fires on the Sunday really big enough for 4th?? Maybe stick em above them?

Either way, the important thing is that they're hopefully playing. THE best live band I've seen bar a very minimal select few.