2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth is, Adele is really not that great. She is different to your regular female pop star because she is fairly big, ugly, and doesn't fake tan. Instead of doing an energetic live set with backing dancers, she will sit on a chair. She is different, that's why she's popular. Personally, I can't stand her.

Truth is, Adele is really not that great. She is different to your regular female pop star because she is fairly big, ugly, and doesn't fake tan. Instead of doing an energetic live set with backing dancers, she will sit on a chair. She is different, that's why she's popular. Personally, I can't stand her.

Edited by Vieuphoria

Yes, adeles talented, but jesus shes annoying

Anyway, haha suppose where you come from and who your surrounded by seems to be a significant factor in what you percieve to be a bands biggest hit, cause to me and most of the people i know, boys dont cry is by far and away their biggest song and then followed by friday im in love, lovecats. Suppose, thats probably because thats what they play in clubs / bars etc. Anyway, we can all agree to disagree and just be excited, cause thats why were sat on this website anyway.

She's talented but she's not unique. She's talented in the XFactor way of talented rather than having any kind of uniqueness in her voice. There's many people that can sing in the way she can.

It's funny really, as her "non image" persona has become part of her persona and definitely helped her.

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime

Yeah, Adele has vocal talent, but talent is really not everything, vocal talent is barely a requirement to be a good pop star, otherwise Charlotte Church would have made a good pop star, but if you recall, she was shit. Adele's songs are the all the same old boring drivel, if I wanted to listen to piano ballads about loss in love then I'd listen to Leonard Cohen, he does it better. If I wanted to listen to a good singer I'd listen to Nina Simone, she does it better. Compare Adele to Rihanna, which has the much better vocal ability? Adele, yet I'd take Rihanna any day of the week. Rihanna is far more entertaining, both audibly and visually, first time I heard "Somebody Like You" I completely switched off, nothing at all there worthy of my attention, first time I heard "S&M" I was instantly drawn in, "Christ, that's filth! Can she say than on the radio? That's actually quite a catchy song". Rihanna's Hackney set is on iplayer now, if you watch that you'll see she dances, she has an outlandish set, she has a personality that courts attention... she's fucking fit! I'd much rather see than that some boring cockney with a piano and some songs with no real standout features.

the argument thats shes talented is pretty irritating, there are thousands of artists with similar levels of talent who dont get a look. Astonishingly, i dont know how she did it, but she became big (ha ha what a pun) due to being fat. Average looks coupled with a song about a break up somehow made her one of the biggest pop acts in the world.

Yeah, Adele has vocal talent, but talent is really not everything, vocal talent is barely a requirement to be a good pop star, otherwise Charlotte Church would have made a good pop star, but if you recall, she was shit. Adele's songs are the all the same old boring drivel, if I wanted to listen to piano ballads about loss in love then I'd listen to Leonard Cohen, he does it better. If I wanted to listen to a good singer I'd listen to Nina Simone, she does it better. Compare Adele to Rihanna, which has the much better vocal ability? Adele, yet I'd take Rihanna any day of the week. Rihanna is far more entertaining, both audibly and visually, first time I heard "Somebody Like You" I completely switched off, nothing at all there worthy of my attention, first time I heard "S&M" I was instantly drawn in, "Christ, that's filth! Can she say than on the radio? That's actually quite a catchy song". Rihanna's Hackney set is on iplayer now, if you watch that you'll see she dances, she has an outlandish set, she has a personality that courts attention... she's fucking fit! I'd much rather see than that some boring cockney with a piano and some songs with no real standout features.

she became big because she wrote an album about a universal theme that everyone can relate to. She'd come out of a relationship and wrote an album about lost love. It's something that most people can relate to.

Also... fat jokes? Who makes fat jokes?